Hi there,
    i hope you can help. My bold wont activate wireless (just keep activating till i get an error). When I put my SIM on another device, it activates almost immediately.

the difference between the two devices:

1) one that doesnt activate : it's a blackberry bold, bought in US (I am currently in Dubai) NOT locked (I can receive / make calls, sms, I can even access the internet and until recently I was able (altho i didnt sync it wirelessly but just used the cable because I didnt want to wait till our admin can give me a password) to receive emails wirelessly.) I have done everything from wiping the device several times, to asking Admin to remove / recreate my account, even called carrier who confirmed that "all is OK" on their side.

2) one that activates : it's 8310 bought locally (from the carrier : Etisalat).

There's one things that I think might be the problem : when I wipe the device and restarts I immediately get two emails : 1) Your BB has been registered with wireless network 2) Welcome to ROGERS (instead of Etisalat - the local carrier that I am using. I get this message on the 8310 ).

Diagnostic report :no report, continuously running!

Please help.. Thanks!
    04-03-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD