My situation...

I am working as a temp for a small company running BES. I have a company email account that I would like to access on my BIS phone. I do not what to add my phone to the BES. Is there anyway I can get these email on my phone?

The position that I am standing in as for a temp has a side job/responsibility for IT. So I have full admin rights if that helps with anything... I really am clueless when it comes to BES. Please help.
    01-15-12 04:15 PM
    Can you access the email via Outlook Web Access (OWA)?

If so, that's the way to add the email to your BlackBerry.
    01-15-12 04:26 PM
    Yes I can access it on the web. So you are saying I have to use the browser on my phone? I can't get the pushed messages like my yahoo and google?
    01-15-12 04:28 PM
    There are many ways of getting your company's BES mail on your Berry. Your company IT dept will be able to help you. I would need more information in your OP to help further.

If your company uses Google Apps, then all they have to do is enable IMAP. Then the account may be added normally either through your BIS web portal or directly from your device. Mail usually arriving about 10-15 minutes later than BES.

A quick and dirty method of checking is if your can access your work email account from web2mail.com If it works there, no worries setting it up on a BlackBerry.
    ummie4 likes this.
    01-15-12 04:34 PM
    Yes I can access it on the web. So you are saying I have to use the browser on my phone? I can't get the pushed messages like my yahoo and google?
    You can add the account directly to your Berry then. Like you would any of your own personal accounts.
    01-15-12 04:36 PM
    01-15-12 04:41 PM
    No. That's not what I'm saying.

Follow these steps.

KB03133-How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    ummie4 likes this.
    01-15-12 04:43 PM
    Your company IT dept will be able to help you.
    Scary but I am now the IT department until the position is filled. I will try the integration link later this week when I am back in the office at some point.

Oooh the joys of being an industrial wh0re... too many email addresses with too many companies.
    01-15-12 04:56 PM
    I am trying to accomplish the same thing (setup work email OWA). I go to the OWA website and can login with information provided. However, I go to setup OWA to my BIS blackberry and I keep getting "Cannot Log In. Verify your email address, user name and password. If the error persists, contact companyname.ca". Is it possible for the IT depart would block OWA on blackberry? I have logged into OWA on my blackberry using the broswer but would really like to have my emails pushed to my blackberry.
    05-02-12 11:04 AM
    Yes, it dept can block owa access thru bis. It is to your administrator.
    05-02-12 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD