I have started using blackberry app world and downloaded a few apps, such as slacker, Iheartradio, etc.. As we start using more and more streaming apps on the blackberry, and for those that are on corporate BES..

Where do we go to see where the policy / setting is on if these traffic will get hauled back to corporate?

I see two separate browser, one for reg internet that cannot access our corporate intranet.. and a intranet based browser.. howerver, I cannot figure out where the settings are and where to read how these get backhauled.

They frown upon non-work personal IM and audio streaming on our corporate PCs so I did not want to take that chance on the blackberry.

- Bob
    04-15-09 09:13 PM
    Basically you need to talk to your IT department about that. With BES EVERYTHING goes through corporate or they atleast have access to view it.

If you aren't allowed those things on your work PC and your work gave you your blackberry then it stands to reason that they frown on it on the phone too. Honestly I'm surprised that you are even able to use slacker. I've heard it doesn't usually work and most often times violates the IT policy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:33 PM
    I'm in the same boat. But I bought my own Bold. I just got them to add me to the corporate BES. I've been able to get to some sites that are normally blocked at work. I hope I don't **** anyone off.
    04-16-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD