Hi guys..

i'm new to this forum.. I have a question but I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it wasn't..

The question is, I will be a contract staff to an MNC company, so I'm not sure if I would be given a blackberry set by this company.

I plan to get blackberry myself, but if the company email address has BES for blackberry, can I use the company's email address on BIS?

Hope to hear some advice from you guys who know or happen to be in similar scenario.

Thanks all. Cheers.

Max
    04-20-10 10:48 PM
    You can't get on their BES, but they can probably give you an email address, and push email out to you thru the BIS, depending on their email system. Or you COULD get BES provisioning from you provider and possible get on their BES, but you would have to ask their BES Admin, and you might have to be on the same carrier as them. I'm not sure how it all works. But I'm pretty sure they can give you email no matter what, but the scheduling is something else.
    04-20-10 11:15 PM
    Well they are probably running exchange, so in your outlook just go to Rules and Alerts and redirect the emails to your BB email. It will be pushed and everything.

Then grab Google's Outlook Calendar Sync and sync the Calendar with Gmail. Then install Google Sync on your blackberry and sync.

BAMM. You have full email integration and your calendar events are synced as well and very seamlessly.
    04-21-10 06:43 AM
    Well they are probably running exchange, so in your outlook just go to Rules and Alerts and redirect the emails to your BB email. It will be pushed and everything.

Then grab Google's Outlook Calendar Sync and sync the Calendar with Gmail. Then install Google Sync on your blackberry and sync.

BAMM. You have full email integration and your calendar events are synced as well and very seamlessly.
    Not sure about calendar but my work uses exchange and i am unable to redirect emails to yahoo, gmail etc accounts. Believe the system prevents forwarding to outside email accounts. Have tried numerous different rules to do this and none of them forward. Just an FYI
    04-21-10 07:36 AM
    It's gonna be my new job, reporting next Mon. I guess I should find out more info about it first..
    @andreyua, your suggestion pretty logical, but then like @FireMedic559 said, it could be true as well, that it is not gona work if they set policy to disallow email forwardings..

In fact in where I am, Singapore, BIS is with lesser subscription fee compared to the BES connection. Fingers' crossed for now.

Thanks for ur input guys.. cheers
    04-21-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD