My question is about android app access on a handset configured w/ BES12 Cloud trial.

I have three email accounts - two IMAP (fastmail) and a BES exchange address.
    The BES12 syncs the exchange data: email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks. I have no "local" contacts or calendar data, it's all under the BES12 Cloud.

I also have a selection of android apps that I need to make the device functional on a daily basis. If you use android apps under BB10, you know that permissions on most of these apps are extensive and non-configurable. I've done what I can with Ghost Commander to modify the permissions.

Does anyone know whether these android apps can actually access the permission data they require if that data is secured within the work space (BES12)? For example, if the Kindle app needs my access to my contacts, email, etc. can it reach that information if it's within the BES "container"?

It's a constant worry of mine, that I'm forced to give wide ranging permissions to these android apps (that I need), negating the expense and hassle of setting up my handset on a BES server.

Thanks!
    07-19-15 10:09 AM