Okay...Just got my 8703e. Verizon is my carriar. I had a few ?'s about the email w/verizon.

My work doesn't have Enterprise server. Is there anyway I can still get instant email notification? Does verizon have a hosted BES? please help...new to BB's
    11-05-07 09:29 PM
    If you sign up for Yahoo or GMail you can get instant emails. Most of the others have a delay up to 15 minutes. I switched to Gmail long ago and have never looked back.

You can get hosted BES from a number of places such as ExchangeMyMail.com and others. Not sure if Verizon has their own or not.
    11-05-07 09:51 PM
    You can get BIS service from Verizon by creating a BIS account here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

BIS will 'poll' every 15 minutes to send email to your device.

Verizon does not have a hosted BES solution that I'm aware of, but there are companies that do offer that solution. I believe ExchangeMyMail is one of them.
    11-05-07 09:53 PM
    so as far as my work email is concerned..xxxxx@ebautos or xxxxx@qwestoffice.net won't be instant on BIS?

I am not to worried about my personal email, I just want my work email addy to be instant. Company is relatively small and doesn't have enterprise, and everyone else is using WM based smart phones.

I've had a few WM smart phones and just don't like the instability of them so I've decided to try the blackberry.
    11-06-07 05:26 PM
    on a BIS which operates (technically) through the research in motion servers regardless of provider, email is instant (unless there is an outage of sorts). On a REDIRECTOR it's a 15 minute delay.
    11-14-07 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD