My company has a BES and will I will be able to receive company email thru the BES. IF I want to also receive personal email, do I need a BIS data plan?
    04-22-08 07:28 PM
    If you are on a BES you are basically at the mercy of the policies that are set on the BES. No need to have both or at least I don't think it's possible to be both don't quote me on that one.
    04-22-08 07:29 PM
    If you have the BES plan that will also allow you to have personal BIS email setup. BES covers both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 07:30 PM
    I should clarify, the Blackberry is my personal Blackberry and the company is charging me a one time fee of $100 to add my Blackberry to the BES. Because this is a governmental entity, I am concerned about using the company's BES for personal emails. Thats why I think its better to also have a BIS data plan. Can BIS and BES co-exist on the same Blackberry? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    04-22-08 07:38 PM
    I am connected to a BES and have 3 e-mail accounts on Roger's BIS. Then again I am the BES Admin.
    04-22-08 07:39 PM
    Yea it depends on the BES policies really.

04-22-08 07:42 PM
    I am on BES with my company and also use my personal email account. I do not have BIS and don't have a problem using my personal email account.

04-22-08 09:49 PM
    the best way to find out is ask your carrier, as we all know, every carrier is different. I use verizon and dont need the bes, so only have bis, and this is cheaper by about 15 to 20 dollars a month
    04-22-08 09:57 PM
    No the best way is to ask your employer.

I used to use my BES for BIS personal emails, but maybe your employer may find it to be a security risk... Ask others that may have one on your job.
    04-22-08 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD