I upgraded my 8830 to 4.5 OS a couple weeks ago with my IT manager's knowledge.

Now, they have decided to switch to BES, which is fine with me (I guess).

Anyway .... in the activation process, my % complete has been hanging at 49% for 12 hours, while most others have been done in 15-30 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts as to why that would be happening or what should take place to move that on through the activation process?

Thanks.
    08-13-08 07:08 AM
    I have had that happen a handful of times, it is hosed, there is no way to force start it again from where you are currently to my knowledge. Cancel it, delete the service books (only your enterprise service books) and try again.
    08-13-08 08:03 AM
    I have had that happen a handful of times, it is hosed, there is no way to force start it again from where you are currently to my knowledge. Cancel it, delete the service books (only your enterprise service books) and try again.
    So, being on 4.5 isn't the problem then?
    08-13-08 08:06 AM
    Cancel the activation, ask the I.T. person to reset your account on BES, and then try again...

No, it's not an issue with the OS version.
    08-13-08 08:07 AM
    Cancel the activation, ask the I.T. person to reset your account on BES, and then try again...

No, it's not an issue with the OS version.

We've done that ... this was the 2nd try.

Just keep trying?
    08-13-08 08:10 AM
    No, I am on my BES with 4.5 and had/have no problems. Are you doing this through wireless activation? Or are you doing this through the desktop manager? If you go through your desktop manager make sure that the 'Message Service Display Name' is correct.

Now that I think about it if your BES has the latest service pack there are a TON of options that your BES admin may have enabled specifically for 4.5 handheld OS and that may cause it to hose up. Doubtful but it is possible. I have not looked through everything but it wouldn't make sense that an option there would hose activation, but this is not the final release OS keep in mind.

If you want to stop troubleshooting and have a fresh start you could....

*Delete the service books from the bb again (or wipe it clean all together...Options - Security - General Settings - Bring up a menu and select 'Wipe Handheld' or if your policy permits simply enter in your password incorrectly enough times until it wipes it that way.
    *Delete the following folder:
    'C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Application Data\Research In Motion'
    *Delete your account from the BES and re-add it.

This will wipe all settings.

Your BES could be having issues that are completely not related as well. When was the last time a BB was activated to the BES successfully? Just things to keep in mind. The BES may need the blackberry services bounced.
    08-13-08 12:24 PM
    I have had issues with re-activating 8350i's on my BES even after wiping and they get stuck at different percentages. What I have found that even wiping doesn't removed the prev IT policy from the device was activated so I wipe and removed the IT policy then re-activate. So far no activation get stuck.

There's a faq on blackberryfaq dot com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy on how to remove the IT policy
    04-28-09 11:28 AM
    Sometimes deleting the offending account on the BES server and recreating it will work.
    04-28-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD