Do you think the idea of ​​merging the two companies are a good idea !!

Special after rumor which says that BlackBerry devices will be available with android system

I think this a bad idea

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:58 PM
    Haha even if it will be samberry
    03-04-15 05:25 PM
    Lol why Sam in the first

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:34 PM
    BlackSam

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:01 PM
    BlackSam

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Been saying this name ever since the first rumors of buyouts.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:07 PM
    Omg, I hate Samsung phones. Just because they can mass produce them well doesn't mean their products are any good.
    piquepoc likes this.
    03-04-15 11:39 PM
    Omg, I hate Samsung phones. Just because they can mass produce them well doesn't mean their products are any good.
    They manufacture processors, ram, screens, etc...it wouldn't be a bad idea for Blackberry to have their phones made through Samsung using the latest tech instead of generation old processors.
    Donvald likes this.
    03-04-15 11:51 PM
    Because of Samsung's membership in the Open Handset Alliance (OHA), and because BB10 contains Android code, if Samsung bought BB, it would be forced to either remove the Android Runtime from BB10 or kill BB10 entirely. Either way, it would effectively end BB10, so I'm not sure this would be the saving grace that you're imagining.
    rthonpm, thymaster and Tatwi like this.
    03-05-15 12:28 AM
    Nah it would run android with a bb10 runtime for security

Posted via CB10
    snoop tiger likes this.
    03-05-15 01:17 AM
    Because of Samsung's membership in the Open Handset Alliance (OHA), and because BB10 contains Android code, if Samsung bought BB, it would be forced to either remove the Android Runtime from BB10 or kill BB10 entirely. Either way, it would effectively end BB10, so I'm not sure this would be the saving grace that you're imagining.
    Is that per publicly listed entity / corporation, so any subsidiary or affiliated business is included in this restriction?

Let's say, Samsung bought BBRY, but kept them separate, or a minority / majority stake, they'd still have to give up either Android or BB10...?

No legal workarounds via creative re-designing of the corporate structure?

:-)

Been wondering for a long time, maybe you can shed some light. Awesome to see you in a thread with such a silly title ;-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-05-15 02:09 AM
    Is that per publicly listed entity / corporation, so any subsidiary or affiliated business is included in this restriction?

Let's say, Samsung bought BBRY, but kept them separate, or a minority / majority stake, they'd still have to give up either Android or BB10...?

No legal workarounds via creative re-designing of the corporate structure?

:-)

Been wondering for a long time, maybe you can shed some light. Awesome to see you in a thread with such a silly title ;-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    That silly title will happen..

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:53 AM
    SungBerry! Or BerrySung!

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    Last edited by sibeans; 03-05-15 at 04:25 AM.
    03-05-15 03:57 AM
    SungBerry! Or BerrySung!

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    Berry sung
    Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 03:59 AM
    Samsung is more than just mobile phones, despite the myopia here in the forums. A more likely partnership is that BlackBerry is using Samsung parts in their new devices since they are a major contract manufacturer and designer. BlackBerry using Samsung as a component supplier is no different than Apple, Dell, Lenovo, or any other company using them. This arrangement would be no different than BlackBerry sourcing from Jabil, Celestica, Flextronics, or any similar company.

Posted via CB10
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    03-05-15 04:17 AM
    Berrysam

CB10 - Q10
    03-05-15 04:33 AM
    I wish just like that..

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:13 AM
    Based on the fact that we have owned numerous Samsung products in our home that broke easily, hope not. Samsung SmartTV crapped out after a year and had to be replaced. Samsung tablet stopped charging after a year. A couple of the Samsung gravity and slider phones broke. And husband's SG5 dropped on the driveway and camera completely broke. His SG2 had to be replaced too.

I am for the partnership if it will help broaden BlackBerry 's appeal to the masses, but retain the build quality, UI and OS of BlackBerry.

Posted via Classic
    03-05-15 07:22 AM
    Ah, another thread built on the premise that some other company should take some action, or spend money, because it will benefit BlackBerry.
    Donvald likes this.
    03-05-15 07:29 AM
    I wish it is just rumors

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:06 AM
    Samry? LoL sorry I'm thinking about my Toyota Camry.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 08:12 AM
    Only Cheny knows ??
    03-05-15 08:14 AM
    I wish it is just rumors
    From the reports I've read, the partnership seems to consist of Samsung using some BB tech in order to make Knox better and more attractive to buyers. Samsung are doing that because it's good for Samsung. BlackBerry may also benefit, but that's not why Samsung are doing it.
    03-05-15 08:15 AM
    Well the problem with the OHA is that it is falling apart. Money holds commercial alliances together and the OEMS are making precious little. And now, they are caught in a race for the bottom pricing war. This is a tough pill to swallow given the general mediocre build of the Android platform. As such, Google maybe interested in business relationship with BlackBerry as much as the opposing.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:09 AM
    I have not read this agreement but I would find it strange that Samsung could not have BlackBerry as a subsidiary and build BlackBerry phones.

This will not happen, Samsung doesn't need BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    03-05-15 09:18 AM
    Samberry! Security provided by BlackBerry and hardware produce by Samsung.
    03-05-15 09:35 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD