All of a sudden the trackball light on my bold went out, and the trackball stopped "selecting" things when i pressed it down. Pressing the "end" key makes the letters "k" and "l". pressing the call button? well, that makes the letters "d" and "f".

Three months ago it had to go for factory repairs when the trackball stuck, and they replaced the handset. Sadly, in Australia the factory repairs take up to a month!

So i'll have a very non-sexy loaner phone until it manages to come back.

Bah!
    05-08-09 05:55 AM
    Id request another bold. Tell em its twice its happened now. Demand one. Say you shouldnt have to wait a month for it to come back

Either that or id tell em i was a months free line rental for the time its being fixed. Screw them. End of day they want your money. Go in there fighting for a new one.

Let us know how you get on.
    05-08-09 06:01 AM
    It's ridiculous, I know. Customer service in Australia is...well, not great. Period. Especially the price we pay here for handsets, data and mobile minutes.

I went up the food chain last time, and was basically told that repairs take as long as they take. "we won't give you another blackberry, you'll have to use this loaner phone."

I go through Telstra, and the first time it happened, the first Telstra shop (the one i bought it from) had it for a week(!) and hadn't gotten around to sending it off. After thoroughly chewing out the staff I took it to another that was supposed to be better. They sent it out the same day, and it took three weeks.

Hard to run a business where speedy email replies can be the difference between getting hired to do a job or not.
    05-08-09 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD