02-02-11 06:09 PM
- I am having trouble retrieving emails on my BB Tour. A little over a week ago, it was acting perfectly. Then, over last weekend, I noticed I wasnt getting any emails on my phone.
I then received this message from firstname.lastname@example.org:
"This email account is currently not accessible by your BlackBerry device, so you may be experiencing a delay in email delivery. This issue may be caused by a temporary problem with your email provider. Blackberry Internet Service will continue attempting to access this account."
I received that message in regards to both of my accounts. both accounts are @optonline.net, which are accounts provided by my ISP based on Long Island (Cablevision/Optimum).
Suddenly, on Tuesday morning, I received on my Blackberry all the emails I should have gotten from the time it stopped working. It was 61 emails at once. I havent received any emails on my berry since then.
I went to Verizon last night to swap my tour for another one (trackball and muffle issues...although still have the muffle issue it seems). The Verizon rep was trying to make sure my new tour was set up properly, and asked me to put in my password for my email account(s). When I input the password, i get a prompt saying that the password is invalid. I went online on my pc to access my email to make sure my password still worked there, and it does.
What is causing this issue? My email account? BIS?
I know this post is rather long, but i wanted to provide as much info as possible. Thank you in advance for any help offered. This website is something else (and i mean that in a good way).08-07-09 06:24 PM
- I'm having the same problem and have been receiving the 'do not reply' message since Wednesday. Strange, but it looks like sending Email is NOT a problem. Give it a try by sending to from your BlackBerry to another Email account.
In addition to corporate Email off a BES, I have two other POP Email accounts configured on my BlackBerry besides Optonline - one Gmail and the other my own personal domain account. I am also on Verizon and the other two accounts are working fine. Is it a Verizon issue? Is is a BlackBerry/RIM issue? It would be interesting to know if people on other carriers are having the same problem.
I've had my Optimum Online mail accounts configured on a BB for years on another carrier and never saw this message. In my experience, it seems that mail from Optimum has ALWAYS arrived slower on BlackBerry than say a Gmail account.08-08-09 08:35 AM
- I found what seems to be a solution on the Optimum SiteBlackberry E-Mail Access Issue
A small percentage of Optimum Online e-mail users have reported difficulty accessing messages with a Blackberry device. Cablevision is working with RIM, the manufacturer of Blackberry devices, to fix this issue.
In the meantime, if you change the mail server name associated with your Optimum Online e-mail account, you should be able to access your messages once again. Here's how:
1. From the BlackBerry Home screen, click the Menu key.
2. Scroll down and click E-mail Settings.
Note: E-mail Settings might be located in the Setup folder if you are running software version 4.5 or later. On some devices the icon may be called Manage Internet Email.
3. Locate your Optimum Online e-mail address and click Edit. (Before getting to this step, you may be prompted to enter your username and password.)
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Advanced Settings.
5. Change the Email server to mail.optonline.net.
6. Click Save.
Should you need additional assistance with this configuration, please contact your mobile service provider.08-15-09 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD