04-18-12 11:02 PM
- OK, so recently my BlackBerry Style got soaked in water and no longer is in working condition. My cousin had an HTC EVO 4G and he said I could have it.
This has been my experience so far.
COUNTLESS APPS! However the amount apps I actually want, let alone use, can be counted on one hand. Netflix app and HBO go are great, but I don't use them lol.
Its ok, but when my PlayBook has a faster and more visually satisfying experience on a bridged connection then an EVO with all its hyped up goodness on the same 3g network that my PlayBook was using via my Style, it really just leaves much to be desired.
COPY AND PASTE-
As an avid BlackBerry user for years, I have grown quite fond of how easy BlackBerry makes it to copy and paste, with or without a tracpad. Because it works great on the playbook too. On the EVO however it is an annoying process with limits to what I can actually copy and paste. This is a big downer on my end as my day to day requires this heavily. Big thumbs down for the HTC EVO on this one.
Not bad, but it is not a physical QWERTY and I find the PlayBook is much more responsive and accurate when typing.
Ok, the evo sucks battery and I miss my 12 hours given by my BlackBerry.
All in all, I await BB 10 because the NEW blackberry experience is better then Android, and the iPhone is too limited for me. Yes i said Limited. I want to take my music with me on my sd card, and be able to expand the memory as well...also I am an avid amazon mp3 user, and iTunes is too expensive.
In conclusion, there is so much said about apps and how many Android and iOS offer. ok, that's great...in theory, but in the end I can make much better use of the actual internet and the selection of USEFUL apps that can be found on the BlackBerry Platform. With that in mind however, I still need to see what the app world is going to offer on the new platform, I have not found a good selection so far on the playbook but i have found a healthy few that I love very much.
PS TO RIM,
Please hurry up, this android is pissing me off!04-18-12 11:39 AM
- Why would u want android lovers to read this when essentially you said nothing good about your Android device? Considering you were coming from a Style I'm sure there are plenty of things the Evo does better than it
You just might want to change the title of your thread....04-18-12 11:49 AM
- 04-18-12 11:58 AM
- I know what the Op is talking about. Threads title a little off but I too have a 9670 which was great now has basically turned into a POS tons of lag resets itself cant even get a day with the battery and its less than a year old. So i took my girlfriends iphone4(she upgradedto4S)jailbroke it tons of apps and games but I just miss the BB experience im reading crackberry everyday still. Apps are not all its cracked up to be. There is no point uprgrading to a 9900 right now as BB10 is on its way. We both have tried other "better" platforms but miss the BB experience but are stuck until the new OS comes out.04-18-12 12:41 PMLike 1
- Comparing a mobile phone browser to a Tablet browser? Isn't that akin to comparing apples to a T-bone steak? Typing on a 4" screen vs s 7"?
COPY AND PASTE-As an avid BlackBerry user for years, I have grown quite fond of how easy BlackBerry makes it to copy and paste, with or without a tracpad. Because it works great on the playbook too. On the EVO however it is an annoying process with limits to what I can actually copy and paste. This is a big downer on my end as my day to day requires this heavily. Big thumbs down for the HTC EVO on this one.
Please note your text I copied and pasted, one-handed, in portrait mode, wirhout zooming in. I dunno about it on EVO, but it shouldn't be that much different from the Photon I'm using.
Use a hotspot app and Wi-Fi the PlayBook, something Style can't do. Thats a wash in some ways.
Now I'm using a Style and an Android, both. I haven't written a comparative review, or dissected the entire post, because I may say more, later. I've found the biggest problem one has in the attitude one uses to handle change.
Just because it is different doesn't make one better than the other, or worse.04-18-12 12:48 PMLike 1
Perhaps changing your title to; "My experiences with an Android after my Style crapped out on me' would be a better fit.
Makes more sense to me anyways.04-18-12 12:53 PM
- Ok, now were rolling...lol...so let me state, that there is no way to compare a Style to an Evo and have blackberry end up on top...we all know this, and the only way I can even come close to what BB10 will offer is based upon the QNX OS on the PlayBook...and I know that EVO is not every android out there, I have dabbled in various other droids over the last few years just to stay up to date, I am quite fluent in the ability to adapt to new OS's and found android to just be relatively easy, but boring at the same time.
As far as the comparison goes, I was dissapointed that my playbook running off a tethered connection was faster then the evo itself. Because there is no splitting or compressing the 3g signal...
but do feel free to tell me more about this hotspot app and if its going to raise my sprint bill.04-18-12 12:56 PM
- Why is the Android OS boring? What about it bores you?
You do know that the Playbook has far better hardware than the Evo 4G, one has a dual core processor and one doesn't. Heck the Playbook browser is blazing fast after yesterday's update.
Is your Evo faster than your Style (I know the answer is yes)?04-18-12 01:08 PM
- Its boring because there's really not all that much to it ... its like a smart phone for not so smart people...maybe that's why it sales lol...and no the evo is far faster then my style I am comparing Android to QnX. I think the way PlayBook OS is set up is far more user friendly and visually appealing then anything out there. And yes, love the update!04-18-12 01:12 PM
- I'm pretty sure a majority of people in the crackberry community would rather see people take the high road instead of making threads like this. You are bashing a near 2 year old device and comparing it to the PlayBook. There were better ways to go about this is all I'm saying...04-18-12 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD