Just wondering what the benefits of geolocation for my photos are? There is nothing in the photos app that shows location or anything so why would I use geolocation? Any info would be good!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:01 AM
    At the moment not much, but maybe if they make a nice photo program like iphoto, you can see where you photos are taken

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-26-13 08:03 AM
    There are several mapping programs that have a photo layer you can turn on to see pictures taken at the map location. Google World does that. Is that specifically useful on a BB phone? Perhaps not yet. I have used the metadata in JPGs to sort photos geographically for a specific project. But it is not commonly used in my activities.

What are these photo mapping solutions? Are any really good? does iphoto location work with photos taken on blackberry?
    06-26-13 09:45 AM
    So the NSA can better track your movements
    06-26-13 10:30 AM
    It doesn't work on bb10 maps yet, don't know why. Used it on my 9900 all the time. Great for showing where places are located to people you show photos to. I usually take a picture of my rental car with things in back ground, when I'm in another city I don't know, to help find it and as a reminder of what I rented this time. Makes it easier to return to an out of the way spot, qwik snap and I can us gps to find it again. A friend did a tour of Asia. And used gps on photos to sort out which temple was which and where. Included a Google map with them all marked in the computer file.

Posted via Z10
    06-26-13 12:17 PM
    Geo data goes into the meta data of a picture allowing you to tag where a photo was taken, that way later when you go back you dont have to try and remember where a certain photo was taken. I find it very handy as then i dont have to clog up my memory with where photos were taken, or when i send it to someone they have an idea where it was taken without me having to explain it. but it really is a personal decision, some people dont like it because they are afraid of being tracked, i dont use it all the time it just depends on what and where.
    06-26-13 01:14 PM
    P.S. my 9930 used to use the geo data in naming the photos, also. not sure about my z10......yet.
    06-26-13 01:16 PM
    Geo data goes into the meta data of a picture allowing you to tag where a photo was taken, that way later when you go back you dont have to try and remember where a certain photo was taken. I find it very handy as then i dont have to clog up my memory with where photos were taken, or when i send it to someone they have an idea where it was taken without me having to explain it. but it really is a personal decision, some people dont like it because they are afraid of being tracked, i dont use it all the time it just depends on what and where.
    Very useful for finding my remote locations for Morel hunting each spring
    06-26-13 04:46 PM