CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,105 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bell Mobility or Rogers (or cell) gurus!!!! I need an answer.

Okay, I have activated successfully my new Curve. It's loverly.

My question is this. I changed my Pin and ESN with the BIS site, and resent service books. As per Bell I still have only the $15 Unlimited Personal Email/BBM plan like before. I still have a working BB Browser and service book on the new Curve.

Is this like it was when we set up the Email and Bell automatically sends out a script to remove the services and deactivate the browser and remove it's access? When I originally signed up for the Email Only I had BB Browser for 48 hours after during which I was not charged the data for browsing.

I am assuming it is the same and it's just because of the ESN change.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm a sales rep at a Bell World store and here's my take.

In my experience, when you activate with the $15 unlim Email plan, you have no access to the browser. That being said, if you had access for 48 hrs, I guess you were lucky for a couple days (especially not being charged for it! LoL). So as a general rule, unless you were to upgrade to the $25 data plan or higher, you SHOULDN'T have access to the browser. Key word of course being shouldn't. Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,105 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Cool thanks!

I knew they do a sweep anyway and remove the service books about 48 hours after you fist change to the $15 email, I didn't know if the same would happen with an ESN change.

Just to be safe, I removed the service books anyway.