what I Need:
    If you have a New Bell with GSM (is that it? Is the old one CDMA? Is that what I would have if I got a trackball Curve over a year ago?)
    I want you to text ***. Say you are doing a test and to text back if they receive it.

Why:
    1) I cannot text to Trinidad where my family is. their company is TSTT and they can text me fine but i cannot text them. I used to be able to. Maybe a month ago and now i can't. Bell tech support says it's not them and TSTT says it's not them. I don't know what to do. I want to see if new GSM (?) Bell BBs can text to TSTT.

2)My phone got water damage a while ago and is giving a lot of problems and I need to get a new phone. Either second hand from kijiji or pay for a new one with Bell or buy out my contract and go to Rogers.

Why go to Rogers?
    My friend who's with Rogers can text to TSTT perfectly. I don't know if it's that Rogers can but Bell can't for some strange reason or if it's that she has a newer gSM (?) BB.

Bottom Line
    If you have a Bell blackberry, new or old, text that number and see if you get a response, then let me know if you did or didn't and what phone you have.

Thanks so much. I hope this works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 12:08 PM
    Sorry to the OP if this is legitimate, but I would recommend that nobody do this. There are nemerous scams that start like this.
    Again, not accusing the OP of this.

The new Bell and Telus network is HSPA. And yes, the old one is CDMA.

If your issue is legitimate, I would call Bell support again. If the next person you speak with can't help, demand that they escalate your complaint and issue you a ticket number.
    01-03-11 12:18 PM
    Sorry to the OP if this is legitimate, but I would recommend that nobody do this. There are nemerous scams that start like this.
    Again, not accusing the OP of this.

The new Bell and Telus network is HSPA. And yes, the old one is CDMA.

If your issue is legitimate, I would call Bell support again. If the next person you speak with can't help, demand that they escalate your complaint and issue you a ticket number.

01-03-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD