Actually according to CNNMoney they are equal to the competition if not better

They should totally make DIY Z10 where they send you all the pieces and you put it together for a fraction of the cost to buy one normally!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 03:11 PM
    By the way, you could write a similar list of mistakes, foibles and rotten luck for every company more than 5 years old.
    Absolutely. Maybe not that lengthy though
    08-21-13 09:14 PM
    No company on earth is all things to all people. To this day Apple laptops/desktops are primarily used in media, advertising,education, and hollywood. Microsoft is still the dominant OS for finance, Medicine, and virtually every government agency.

Maybe BlackBerry will lose some share temporarily in finance and government. But ultimately they will realize their mistake. BlackBerry is the only proven solution in these high mission critical industries. This silly debate taking place in the media has to seriously end. Just keep an iphone for pics and games and use a BlackBerry for serious work. So tired of it...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:03 PM
    Just keep an iphone for pics and games and use a BlackBerry for serious work. So tired of it...

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with most of your comment, the latter (and above) is what has gotten BB into the trouble that it's in today. If we think in terms of of BB for "serious work", then we ignore what the market and the industry dictates..."One Phone To Rule Them All". No sense in carrying a dedictated AM radio for news and an FM radio for entertainment. That's why there is an iPhone...Job's vision of integrating business and entertainment. This should be BB's focus.

Go BB!
    08-22-13 10:01 AM
    The OP has a lot of good observations.

One new point:

Blackberry has done a terrible job to make their app store known. The iOS apple app store is well advertised, as is the Google store. Blackberry store is almost never promoted by app devs or their clients. Apps promotions sell the devices on which they are available. So, average folk are not drawn-in to BB phones, their favorite apps are not there (true or not).
    Is there anything worth promoting bbry word about?
    08-22-13 10:06 AM
    Is there anything worth promoting bbry word about?
    I would promote Image search apps on Blackberry World. I have been an image search guy on every platform, Iphone, Android and I think Blackberry just has the best image search apps in the industry. It's niche, but I know many people who are into sourcing for pictures fast. Maybe this gives them incentive to try the platform out.
    08-22-13 10:10 AM
    I would promote Image search apps on Blackberry World. I have been an image search guy on every platform, Iphone, Android and I think Blackberry just has the best image search apps in the industry. It's niche, but I know many people who are into sourcing for pictures fast. Maybe this gives them incentive to try the platform out.
    Really? I would have guessed Google, because they are the most advanced in the image search domain. So what BBWorld app do you consider the best? Do you know what search service it calls upon in the back end?
    08-22-13 11:11 AM
    The ones I have used use Google Image search, and they are all third party apps that utilize that backend. But it seemed the BB10 ones have the best User Interfaces (different ones on the Q10 and the Z10).

Imagery is a great app for image search on the Z10, and Image Searcher, as it is called, is available on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    notfanboy likes this.
    08-22-13 11:17 AM
33 12