Has anyone said it yet?
    Looks to me like, with the release of the Classic, he gets mostly what he's been asking for for the better part of three years.
    12-17-14 03:51 PM
    If he's vindicated then a ton of people in here have been humiliated.
    12-17-14 03:55 PM
    Has anyone said it yet?
    Looks to me like, with the release of the Classic, he gets mostly what he's been asking for for the better part of three years.
    Thank you!

Next I want BIS back
    12-17-14 04:00 PM
    Thank you!

Next I want BIS back
    12-17-14 04:10 PM
    If he's vindicated then a ton of people in here have been humiliated.
    Ha. Yeah. I wasn't gonna say that bit, but there you go.

...and I include myself among those that called him crazy.
    12-17-14 04:14 PM
    Ha. Yeah. I wasn't gonna say that bit, but there you go.

...and I include myself among those that called him crazy.
    I still think he's crazy though

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 04:44 PM
    I must be missing most of the point here. What did you get back BD the trackpad/belt? No BIS, no OS7 device with newer specs, just the trackpad/belt right?

For the record, give me an LTE/slightly beefed up 9810 (greatest device ever made) and I am in device heaven.
    12-17-14 04:58 PM
    I must be missing most of the point here. What did you get back BD the trackpad/belt? No BIS, no OS7 device with newer specs, just the trackpad/belt right?

For the record, give me an LTE/slightly beefed up 9810 (greatest device ever made) and I am in device heaven.
    Yes and "data hungry BB10". BD won't want that, will he!

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    12-17-14 06:04 PM
    Thank you!

Next I want BIS back
    If they could make it optional via an app in BB world that would route phone traffic through the BB NOC, then that would be the dream setup. People that really want it can pay for it themselves independent of the carrier.
    12-17-14 06:21 PM
    Next I want BIS back
    You might get your wish sort of, not as in BIS but maybe in a public version of BES.

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    12-17-14 09:05 PM
    No BIS.
    No BBOS.

No vindication.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:15 PM
    Thank you!

Next I want BIS back
    I have been rooting for BIS as an 'app' that user can pay for.

You pay for this app. Install it. Run it. And it connects to BIS server. And now this app routes all your network traffic through BIS. On its way, it compresses your network traffic and such.

Like a VPN connection - everything would flow through this app as long as the app is running or enabled in background.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 09:40 PM
    Opening post February 2014 from OP

"Legacy comeback 2014, My Prediction"

BlackBerry Classic OS 10.3.1 with tool belt, it's not a legacy OS 7 device using BIS, it's a BlackBerry 10.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=904235
    BelfastDispatcher is vindicated today.-img_20141218_062949.png

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and Chrisy like this.
    12-18-14 12:40 AM
    No BIS.
    No BBOS.

No vindication.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah exactly.... Sorry BD, but I wouldn't call this vindication by any stretch of the imagination
    southlander and kbz1960 like this.
    12-18-14 12:51 AM
    I still think he's nuts.... now I just have to add Chen to it too! they're both nuts! Passport and Z30 all the way!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:10 AM
    Opening post February 2014 from OP

"Legacy comeback 2014, My Prediction"

BlackBerry Classic OS 10.3.1 with tool belt, it's not a legacy OS 7 device using BIS, it's a BlackBerry 10.

Legacy Comeback: My 2014 Prediction - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141218_062949.png 
Views:	1007 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	321522

Posted via CB10
    We've been through this before, what you posted is a different prediction for which I was half right, they did start making a BBOS device again, the 9900, brought back from the dead.

The trackpad prediction was a different and separate prediction in a different thread that ended up being closed.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-18-14 01:51 AM
    I have been rooting for BIS as an 'app' that user can pay for.

You pay for this app. Install it. Run it. And it connects to BIS server. And now this app routes all your network traffic through BIS. On its way, it compresses your network traffic and such.

Like a VPN connection - everything would flow through this app as long as the app is running or enabled in background.

Posted via CB10
    I always said they should build BIS ( or at least the data compression part) into BB10, but only available as a "travel" mode (to appease your home carrier).

Would have been a huge differentiating factor when BB10 launched and , instead of basically wasting their installed BIS infrastructure as they did. They really did overcompensate to the game playing consumer side.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:57 AM
    We've been through this before, what you posted is a different prediction for which I was half right, they did start making a BBOS device again, the 9900, brought back from the dead.

The trackpad prediction was a different and separate prediction in a different thread that ended up being closed.
    With no Facts comes no vindication.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dude, I didn't start this thread, I feel no need for vindication, knowing that I was right is enough but it's sad that it took BB to realise what should've been done from day one.

Obviously some people remember when I predicted the "tool belt" coming back to BB10, others don't, I'll leave it at that.
    12-18-14 04:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here's a quick example. BelfastDispatcher is vindicated today.-imageuploadedbycb-forums1418899970.058740.jpg
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    12-18-14 04:52 AM
    I always said they should build BIS ( or at least the data compression part) into BB10, but only available as a "travel" mode (to appease your home carrier).

Would have been a huge differentiating factor when BB10 launched and , instead of basically wasting their installed BIS infrastructure as they did. They really did overcompensate to the game playing consumer side.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that carriers must also agree to this. When BB first introduced BIS, BB phones were very popular and RiM was in a good position to negociate.
    12-18-14 05:04 AM
    The problem is that carriers must also agree to this. When BB first introduced BIS, BB phones were very popular and RiM was in a good position to negociate.
    Why wouldn't they agree? They all still support BIS, the main ones anyway. They still have the infrastructure, they might as well use it.
    12-18-14 05:13 AM
    Dude, I didn't start this thread, I feel no need for vindication, knowing that I was right is enough but it's sad that it took BB to realise what should've been done from day one.

Obviously some people remember when I predicted the "tool belt" coming back to BB10, others don't, I'll leave it at that.
    I did not know you separated the "tool belt" out from your overall prediction. So yea, on that you were right and I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. I LOVE the tool belt. So kudos.

Beyond this, I wouldn't give some people in here too much credit. When your only goals is to mock members of a fan forum (AND DO IT OPENLY) you'll stoop to just about any level to do it.
    12-18-14 05:18 AM
    Why wouldn't they agree? They all still support BIS, the main ones anyway. They still have the infrastructure, they might as well use it.
    Because that means they need to support a less popular brand for an infrastructure that they have to maintain AND pay for?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    12-18-14 05:19 AM
    Because that means they need to support a less popular brand for an infrastructure that they have to maintain AND pay for?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    Wo don't know and never did know the full story, but I'm pretty sure of this, if there was no profit to be made for the carriers they wouldn't still support it today and they wouldn't still sell 2 year BIS contracts today.

So if the infrastructure is there to stay, why not use it?
    12-18-14 05:50 AM
34 12