Ok, so I am entirely embarassed to have to write this, but I am sick of being frustrated. I have downloaded some ring tones from this site, and I am trying to get them from my computer to my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated AND humbling. Thank you so much.
    06-12-08 08:28 PM
    Please oh please help the E-Tarded
    06-12-08 08:34 PM
    I'd suggest simply e-mailing the ringtone to yourself on the e-mail you have set up to forward to your bb device. Then you simply open the link from the e-mail and it will take you to a download prompt.

Note that you must have a data plan in order for this to work. Since I have never transferred files from my desktop to my bb, I'm not sure of how it works.
    06-12-08 08:35 PM
    doesnt e-tarded mean you took too many extacy pills last night?
    drugs are NOT the answer!
    do you have an sd card in your phone?
    oh and welcome to the crack!
    06-12-08 08:36 PM
    If you are using the Roxio simply drop them in your ringtone folder. If you have a card activate the Mass Storage mode and drag and drop.
    06-12-08 08:37 PM
    Oh bless your kind souls.

No SD card yet, but I'm trying to get one. I am just trying to get one for less than 40 bucks.

Yeah, I am definitely not on drugs. But my twin sister is a Sys. Admin. and if I ask her this question, she might just slap me in the face and then take my phone.
    06-12-08 08:41 PM
    Ok. So I am even more e-tarded than I thought. I'm going to tell you all what I have. I have an 8830 and I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager to access it. At first glance I am not seeing a "ring-tone" folder. I'm really sorry for not getting this very well. This is my first blackberry and I just got it.
    06-12-08 08:52 PM
    get the sd card first girl
    and watch how many pics you take w/o the sd card
    first things first
    read about memory optimization
    once you get the card, you can plug your berry into the computer and go into "my computer" and find the usb that your berry is plugged into
    06-12-08 09:03 PM
    Hey Bindi,
    I've been looking2upgrade to a larger SD card and have found loads on ebay,the one I've decided to get is a 4gb SanDisk one which is well cheap (4.99 or roughly 10 US) and sent from the US.Seller I.D:- dz-tech (63897) I just did a search for 'Blackberry memory' and there's plenty there.

As for being e-tarded I can totally empathize cos its been a way steep learning curve getting to know my BB & I'm still near the bottom!!

Hope u haven't had to resort to sibling advice- I know my bro just laughs in my face and calls me a spanner/f***wit/**** etc..and so I inhabit the internet looking for answers instead.

Cheerio
    Bx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-08 09:06 PM
    I would get an SD card before you try to get ringtones. And like posted above, really watch the amount of pic/videos you take until you get the SD card or your memory will drain very fast. Welcome to CrackBerry! Also, you're not e-tarded, you're just a little e-confused.
    06-12-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD