• 2 Post By Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Begging for Blackberry

Is Blackberry, nothing else.
    So my crappy carrier sent my BB 9900 to RIM to fix one button that is now broken. So I am out of Blackberry for at least 6 weeks. That means until 2013.
    Today, the company I work for, gave me a new cellphone. A Samsung Galaxy 3. after just 3 hours of using it, I finally stop being blind!. I finally knew the truth about Blackberry experience.

Whithin 3 hours these are the aspects or features I already miss and I know I won't get on Android:

No hidding keyboard option on the keyboard
    On text fields, when filling a form, If I made a mistake on one of the fields I cannot go back if it is sequential
    When I enter an app and I see "Update available", I hit update, it opens google play. Does not take me to the app itself.
    In my galaxy 3, I actually need an Icon to make calls. Dont get me wrong. I need to find that Icon to make calls! I need to go to the homescreen all the way through to reach that icon! Unnaceptable!
    Underscore sign Is on the third page of symbols.
    Few integration between apps
    Notification LED sucks
    Cannot add some Email accounts
    NO UNIVERSAL INBOX! this is when I understood Thorsten Heinz!. The paradigm of in and out, he said that with BB10 no more going in and out. That sucks.. that is obsolete. There is no Hub that gathers all, emails, SMS, Twitter, MSN, Facebook all in one single list of messages ordered by date and filter capable. I have to go to facebook, get out check email, get out, then check if there is twitter updates because I get no notifications from twitter!
    Some apps get funky if they are kept too much in background
    No keyboard shortcuts
    No "send" message option on keyboard
    Notification center notifies everything!. even stuff I dont care
    Unintended clicks
    Too many errors, I dont recall having that many errors on my bold 9900 compared to Jelly Bean. Apps that suddenly closes, the virtual keyboard suddenly disappear.

My playbook is my only companion now that my BB9900 is being fixed,

EDIT: Forgot to mention APP Switching. In playbook and BB10, is a whole new "flow"
    Last edited by morpho4444; 11-23-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Info Added
    amjass12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Tap outside of the input screen or form and the keyboard disappears.
    I don't know what that means.
    It does take you to the Update page within Google Play
    You can add the call icon to your lock and/or homescreen
    Most do not use the stock keyboard, but download swift or swype
    Can you elaborate please?
    Again, can you please be more specific? Which accounts?
    There is a universal inbox, it's called combined view
    My LED seems to work fine.
    I can't help with funkyness
    True, cause there is no keyboard Seriously, though download swype or swiftkey
    See above, and there are dedicated instance buttons which change depending on the action one is taking (search/Go/etc...)
    True, it can get rather busy.
    Clicks and errors I can't really help with.

Hope you get your BB back soon.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    southlander likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks...
    Combined view? It seems that is only for email. Is this also for different sources such as facebook, twitter and even SMS?
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

As soon as i read "they gave me a new cell phone, a samsung gs3"...i was like oh great here we go again. Glad to hear your story is opposite of the usual.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    shemaree09 and spike12 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why so serious?

Default Re: Begging for Blackberry

I too am glad to see that this is not the normal "Well they gave me an Android which is just worlds better than a BlackBerry ever could be." Refreshing to see that you actually miss your BB, especially over one of the top phones on the market that was simply GIVEN to you. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you.
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Great story! Good to see what other competitors lack.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

You must have been drunk when you used that s3.

I have a s3, and a 9900.

Both have pros and cons.

The phone icon on the s3 is on the bottom of your main home screen you can access it quickly if needed. It is also on the lock screen, all you have to do is swipe to use the phone...

How will you ever use new User interfaces if you make effortless attempts to learn them.

I'm sure you have some bias towards blackberry only products. Which I dont blame you, however bias based reviews don't benefit anyone. How would you like it if some iPhone 5 guy reviews the bb10 product when it comes out?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,984 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

I have the 9930 and an HTC Evo. There are some things I can do faster on the Evo, and many things I can do faster on the Bold. I do sometimes get a similar "spinning clock" even on Android!

Can't get away from the damn thing! If it weren't for that on current BlackBerry phones I would be way more productive on it. Still it's about a tie. However with app integration, no phone does it better than BlackBerry.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts

Meh you cant expect too much from an OS that copys IOS and trys to correct IOS faults and repackage it.

Just buy a cheap BB which you eventually wont need as you upgrade to BB10 device.Only a month and abit before RIM set a new standard in the phone game and samsung rip the OS.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Quote Originally Posted by morpho4444 View Post
    Thanks...
    Combined view? It seems that is only for email. Is this also for different sources such as facebook, twitter and even SMS?
    In Android the notifications will have email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Like on a BlackBerry.

I recommend getting a third party email client like K9 or Maildroid. The stock ones usually suck hard. Though I have never seen the Samsung one.
    Thanked by:
    morpho4444 (11-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

On the text fields thing, it appears to me you are using it in landscape mode? I say this because on the Droid RAZR I used to have it would change the text input methods in landscape mode due to the fact that you can only input on a small part of the screen (keyboard consumes most of the screen). So instead of all the form inputs, it presents them one a at time with a "Next" button to the side.

I do not know a way to get around this except try using it more in portrait mode. Or change to portrait mode when needing to go back. See if it lets you.
    Thanked by:
    morpho4444 (11-25-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

a few buddies from my unit just got S3's and i was messing around with it and they have a bunch of neat features. If BB10 isn't what i expect i will fall into a samsung galaxy s4 (highly unlikely but a possibility) it's a very neat phone and i like many of its features. I apologize that it didn't give you the excitement that the BB gives you. and i hope your BB comes as soon as possible!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

C'mon, I am not biased, They do not have universal inbox and multitasking or app switching is just better on the playbook right now, even on my BB9900.
    And being very objective, most of the stuff I struggling with can be fixed, most of them by 3rd party SW. But if you look closely, Android lacks of the main 3 features that BB10 will enhance from BB7. That is, integration (bbhub), fluency (bbflow) and most important, stability (qnx!). What do I mean with stabiliity? I have facebook, MSN, Twitter (that doesnt even notifies me nothing!), email accounts and more running in both my BB9900 and my SG3, After 20 minutes MSN closes or just logs out, Twitter restarts when I switch to it. In my BB9900, perhaps is only the "push" service working on twitter but at least _MSN and all the other apps are running without closing by itself. I get alot of uncaught exception. This cellphone was adquired by the company I work for me to be in touch with my coworkers, so when using Beem (from the Beem project) app, I can only be only 5 minutes, then it closes by itself. Am I using a lot of RAM? or what is the deal here?.

And lastly, notification center is just a mess, all the recent notifications are merged into one disgusting list combining all the elements, system alerts, facebook, hotmail, I mean, why cant they do an organized welll cleaned list like the one on BB7. All of them are RECENT. only universal inboxes need to show the list in the order they arrived, but a notification center dont, is obvious all of them are recent, should categorize them on their own app.

I dont know, maybe Im to old now to struggle with a new phone, but my Android friends after discussing a while, they just say: "Alright, alright! you win, I have not used a Blackberry anyway, I dont know what you are talking about with that Universal Inbox, is that like a new branch of Universal Pictures?"
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morpho4444 View Post
    C'mon, I am not biased, They do not have universal inbox and multitasking or app switching is just better on the playbook right now, even on my BB9900.
    And being very objective, most of the stuff I struggling with can be fixed, most of them by 3rd party SW. But if you look closely, Android lacks of the main 3 features that BB10 will enhance from BB7. That is, integration (bbhub), fluency (bbflow) and most important, stability (qnx!). What do I mean with stabiliity? I have facebook, MSN, Twitter (that doesnt even notifies me nothing!), email accounts and more running in both my BB9900 and my SG3, After 20 minutes MSN closes or just logs out, Twitter restarts when I switch to it. In my BB9900, perhaps is only the "push" service working on twitter but at least _MSN and all the other apps are running without closing by itself. I get alot of uncaught exception. This cellphone was adquired by the company I work for me to be in touch with my coworkers, so when using Beem (from the Beem project) app, I can only be only 5 minutes, then it closes by itself. Am I using a lot of RAM? or what is the deal here?.

And lastly, notification center is just a mess, all the recent notifications are merged into one disgusting list combining all the elements, system alerts, facebook, hotmail, I mean, why cant they do an organized welll cleaned list like the one on BB7. All of them are RECENT. only universal inboxes need to show the list in the order they arrived, but a notification center dont, is obvious all of them are recent, should categorize them on their own app.

I dont know, maybe Im to old now to struggle with a new phone, but my Android friends after discussing a while, they just say: "Alright, alright! you win, I have not used a Blackberry anyway, I dont know what you are talking about with that Universal Inbox, is that like a new branch of Universal Pictures?"
    Are you drunk? Have you ever even used a galaxy s3? With your description it almost seems like you watched a YouTube video of one just to troll it.

On an s3, any time anything happens it pops up on the top. You can just swipe down from top of any screen and see what's new. Nothing complicated about that - All notifications in one place. The email app shows all your emails in one place - you touch it and it opens. The sms app does the same thing.

I mean.. it doesn't get easier than that?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

"You can just swipe down from top of any screen and see what's new"
    Are we discussing how to check all the notifications?
    All notifications in one place? yes, organized? not even close to that.

Why don't you get it? I am not discussing how to check emails and notifications! did u even read?

IN ANDROID: you want to check gmail? open gmail app... you want to check hotmail.. you then open hotmail app... SMS? open SMS app.
    IN BLACKBERRY: You want to check gmail, hotmail, sms, twitter facebook? open Universal Inbox.

Do you now understand what I meant? is that clear enough to you? Are you able to see my point? that in Android you open more than 2 apps to accomplish what you mention and with blackberry is just ONE! and in BB10 you wont even need to open a single app to check all of those services!
    I ask again, Is that clear enough?

Notifications on BB are organized by app, on android are organized by the order they arrive.

I did not say anywhere that I couldnt check my notifications! Damn, I need to practice my english, I am not american and I think I dont make my self clear!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Are you drunk? Have you ever even used a galaxy s3? With your description it almost seems like you watched a YouTube video of one just to troll it.

On an s3, any time anything happens it pops up on the top. You can just swipe down from top of any screen and see what's new. Nothing complicated about that - All notifications in one place. The email app shows all your emails in one place - you touch it and it opens. The sms app does the same thing.

I mean.. it doesn't get easier than that?
    Yes it does get easier than that. One place, all emails, sms, and everything else. Not separate email and sms apps.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________