I scanned the forums for an answer to this, but didn't see anyone with the same problem....

I have my BBB9700 set to go into bedside mode, restricted to evening hours, and I use a dock charger. However, in the morning, I've noticed that the radio doesn't come on until I take the phone out of the dock for the first time...even outside the bedside mode restriction hours.

I thought that restricting the bedside mode to end at 6am would mean that at that time it would kick to life and bring in all the morning's email, even if it was still in the dock??

Thanks,
    02-08-11 08:36 PM
    No.

It "assumes" that you're still sleeping, so it stays in bedside mode.

If you want it to do what your asking, don't use bedside mode, use auto on/off instead :-)

@allaboutmybb
    All About My BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 10:05 PM
    What are your CLOCK settings and BEDSIDE MODE settings set at? They will be in the clock app under options.

02-08-11 10:17 PM
    or do not use auto on/off or shut the radio off, just put it into bedside mode when you go to sleep, setting the profile for bedside mode to Silent. You won't hear any alerts but it will still be getting your mails, updating weather, all that stuff, while you sleep.
    02-08-11 10:29 PM
    thanks guys...

i'm usually a fan of the auto on/off, but wanted to eliminate the bright slow blink of a charging phone...and to use the clock you get in bedside mode.

i have even tried a combo deal: bedside mode restricted to 10pm to 2am (for when i was falling asleep)...and then auto o/o set to off at 2am and on at 6am. and still...when the phone came auto-on in the morning, the radio would not activate until i removed it from the charger dock.

what i really wanted was to be able to use the clock (bedside) at night with the charging dock, but to have it buzz-buzz in the morning as emails come in...like a pre-alarm clock (i work with people overseas, so get most of my email while i'm sleeping). using auto on/off without the charging dock gives me this...i guess i wanted the combo.

lock and bedside settings (for diffused):
    clock: flip clock, local timezone, enter bedside when charging, dismiss clock yes, restrict to certain hours yes (10p to 6a)
    bedside mode: disable LED, disable radio, dim screen - all yes. sound profile all alerts off.
    02-09-11 03:06 AM
    One thing I noticed is the "disable radio" setting doesn't turn wifi off so your emails would come in, just no sms, mms and calls.
    One other idea is to use a timer plug that would cut power to your blackberry at a set time and knocking out of bedside mode, would that work for you?
    02-09-11 06:38 AM
    Set the Disable Radio to no.

02-09-11 10:05 AM
    Then set Sound Profile to Active Profile.
    Make sure the Profile is first set to one that allows the Email notifications.

Last edited by albee 1; 02-09-11 at 12:25 PM.
    02-09-11 12:23 PM
    I think the timer plug adaptor is your solution, set your phone to enter bedside mode when charging with radio and everything off. Set the timer to turn on before you go to bed and turn off before your alarm, once the timer disconnects the charger the phone will exit bedside mode, radio will come on, so will you usual profile and emails will start pouring in as you desire. Result!
    02-10-11 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD