Is there a way to get my bday/anniversary/special dates to appear, re-occurring, in the calendar? Do I need a 3rd party software to do this?

p.s. I am a newbie, recent convert from Palm thanks to the office restrictions on email...and I don't regret it one bit!!
    Thanks to anyone with advice
    07-14-08 11:15 AM
    Birthdays and anniversaries just put the dates in your address book
    07-14-08 11:19 AM
    I don't believe that you can do it from your handheld

BUT

I've just checked in Outlook 2007, and if you enter Birthday/Anniversary details into a Contact, it automagically enters it as a recurring entry in your calendar - which of course syncs to your BB and voila...

Don't know how many versions of Outlook that has worked for as I've only just tried it here now, but it would be worth a shot at least in OL 2003.

It also does not look like the B'day/Anniversary details appear in the Contact on your BB, you'd probably have to map a Custom field for it to appear, but you'd have the reminders easy as that...

(I think this was probably what sgocka meant with his reply, I've just taken a lot more words to do it)
    07-14-08 11:39 AM
    Yes you can have any particular date reoccur. Upon entering the info, scroll down to where it ask if this event is reoccuring event.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 12:03 PM
    OS 4.5 comes with this ability. It can be done with each of your contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 12:55 PM
    OS 4.2.2 does this as well, that's what I am using. Just select reoccurring yearly.
    07-14-08 12:59 PM
    Thank you all.
    I am using BES so I must stick with my Lotus Notes..but I was able to make some dummy entries in my contacts for recurring events not associated with peoepl in my contacts list...it seems to be working.

I am using a Curve 8330 with v 4.3.0.127...how do you get platform upgrades?
    07-14-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD