ok, so i get around to putting videos on my BB this evening & to my suprise the player is "garbage" for video playback. no matter what format i used (i can convert to almost any format) the BB cant seem to handle the video no matter the size of the file or format. why even put a suspect feature into the final product? did they even test it? this is not a good look! i personally think its ridiculous to have to search the appt. store for a replacement of a feature that comes standard with the phone. funny enough the music playback is outstanding. am i the only one who's experienced this with the BB. i have a pearl 8120 (t-mobile) not even 2 weeks old (almost always holstered - never dropped or mishandled)
    10-23-08 03:19 AM
    How are you putting the videos onto the Pearl? Are you converting it for optimal playback or just shoving the file directly onto the phone's memory?

I've been able to convert .avi files using the Roxio Media Manager that are about 700 MB, and they've been playing VEry well.
    10-23-08 04:27 AM
    i use roxio because i noticed that if the file is compatible it will have a green play icon around the file. this lets me know which file needs to be converted and which dont. it works fine for transfering music and pics but using roxio's convert for optimal playback feature on video files only crashes the program so ive been using another converter program. i took a test video file that was 499mb and converted it to many file types to see which one performs the best with my BB. the BB cant play any of them with out hickups! so i tried a smaller file. same thing. i have a 4gb card with the mass storage on!
    10-23-08 12:41 PM
    i was checking other threads and i see alot of recommendations to format the card. i never did - i just popped mines in, so i will try that and see if it works!
    10-23-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD