Just floating on idea.. why not make a wifi receiver that connects to the Tour by Bluetooth? Some small keychain dongle would do the trick if the BB's bluetooth can support a wifi connection.. why not?
    10-09-09 03:22 PM
    Then there would be software that would have to be made to properly integrate the dongle. Quite a bit of work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 03:42 PM
    Agreed. Seems like a good product to develop... I dunno.
    10-09-09 03:45 PM
    I don't understand why people want wifi if they have unlimited 3G data connections...
    10-09-09 04:00 PM
    I don't understand why people want wifi if they have unlimited 3G data connections...
    If you're on a bad network.. in an area with poor signal but wifi... international without a local SIM card... want a faster speed for data...
    10-09-09 04:03 PM
    Just floating on idea.. why not make a wifi receiver that connects to the Tour by Bluetooth? Some small keychain dongle would do the trick if the BB's bluetooth can support a wifi connection.. why not?
    There are wifi sd cards with memory...I came across one a few months ago online.
    They wont work on blackberry due to OS software & controller.
    Mitsumi working on it though so time will tell
    Wi-Fi finds back door into ordinary cell phones | Crave - CNET
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-09-09 at 04:57 PM.
    10-09-09 04:35 PM
    Ahhhhh. Using such a device in comination with a blackberry that doesn't will be awesome.

10-09-09 05:29 PM
    Though it would be cool for a few people to have, I doubt it would be widely popular. And more importantly, the days of smartphones w/o wifi are probably soon to be over.
    10-09-09 06:46 PM
    The only way I would want to bother with a puck is if I were travelling for business and did not want to bring my netbook with me.

Those cards could be very interesting if they could be made to work with existing non-wifi phones.........

10-09-09 07:14 PM
    So.. why didn't they add Wifi to the Bluetooth Blackberry watch? That would have been fantastic. So.. by wearing the watch, the BB could operate over BT.
    10-26-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD