With all the hype being built up the past week or two one would think that the stock value of BBRY would have been shooting up since the January 30 launch. But no, it has gone down. Financial gurus out there, what's going on? Profit taking?
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-02-13 01:23 AM
    Buy the rumour sell the news. News is sold , so from here on in , it may go up. Who knows ? It may go down as well. ymmv
    02-02-13 01:25 AM
    With all the leaks the past few months, it had showed everything about the new features of the BB10. During the launch event, people were looking forward for something new aside from the leaks that has been showed multiple times throughout the web. And since nothing was new that was announced, people weren't amazed. Plus, being told that the US won't get the BB10 phones till March was a huge disappointment as well.

Also, big name apps are not in the app world ..
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-02-13 02:02 AM
    The announcement was very lackluster. It was like listening to a song that starts off really slowly but you just know it is building to something...and then it's over.
    BergerKing and Clinto like this.
    02-02-13 02:27 AM
    the price went down because it was expected to be available much sooner in the US. the delay to march means we wont have any real idea about BB10's effect on the company's result until 2nd quarter numbers. Although they never annouced that BB10 will be available in the states earlier, it was strongly implied. seems like investor perceived that as another delay.
    Clinto likes this.
    02-02-13 04:18 AM
    Investors and analysts took a "Peak" and weren't impressed by the "Flow".
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-02-13 04:22 AM
    It's the stock market that why its down. Over reaction to everything. Example we all know Apple is boring but their last quarter was still decent but they got HAMMERED by wall street because they didn't beat expectations. Its not like Apple changed overnight YET the stock has dropped 200 in the last few months. Thats alot of money gone.

Same thing applys here. In reality the stock has no need to go up. The new blackberry hasn't technically done anything yet. I think once there is further PROOF that this phone is HOT then the stock will go up. Like no more pre sales in Canada is a good start. ALSO alot of people had the company ready to die and they bet on it. ALOT of people bet on RIM to die. SO no matter what happened you would have all these fat guys on wall street and in blogs putting down rim trying to kill them. Now people are starting to realize that RIM will be here they are trying to figure out how well the phone will sell.
    02-02-13 06:50 AM
    The price of the stock is exactly where it should be. As I mentioned in the investing thread, the price was inflated purely by hype. Once the hype was over, it's now down to "potential" value of the company. That being said, as soon as any word gets out regarding sales (good or bad), the price will make a massive swing.
    northernrds and SpirytSista like this.
    02-02-13 09:33 AM
    The price of the stock is exactly where it should be. As I mentioned in the investing thread, the price was inflated purely by hype. Once the hype was over, it's now down to "potential" value of the company. That being said, as soon as any word gets out regarding sales (good or bad), the price will make a massive swing.

Is there any question you CANNOT answer?
    you're a freaking genius..
    I've only been on these forums for i'd like a month or two now.
    and you sir... have the best way of putting words together. i am jealous.
    jakie55 and BThunderW like this.
    02-02-13 10:32 AM
    Thanks.

I don't like BS. I'm a straight to the point kind of guy. I don't troll, bait or waste time.

Incidentally, this is my license plate

Is there any question you CANNOT answer?
    you're a freaking genius..
    I've only been on these forums for i'd like a month or two now.
    and you sir... have the best way of putting words together. i am jealous.
    02-02-13 01:31 PM