Do tell me if you see a difference in the screen share on iPhone and Blackberry
    That's pretty neat!
    10-30-13 01:39 PM
    That's pretty neat!
    ooh just wanted to let you know I used to use this in my previous phone

10-30-13 02:08 PM
    Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

The z10 cost blackberry a billion dollars. It is labeled as a flop, as a failure, larger in magnitude than the playbook fiasco.

The stock currently is at 8.31
    The rumors were true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Do you understand what a rumour is? A rumour can only exist in the ABSCENCE of substantiated facts.

As soon as substantiated and universally agreed-upon facts come to light, you can no longer have a rumour -- you have a FACT.

The RUMOUR was that the Z10 was selling well. This was when the stock was at 18. At the time when the stock was STILL 18, there were NO substantiated facts on Z10 sales numbers. The rumours of strong Z10 sales existed PRIOR to BlackBerry's earnings call.

Can you understand that after BlackBerry announced the facts on the Z10's sales, that there could NO LONGER be any rumours about Z10 sales? A rumour can only exist in the ABSCENCE of substantiated facts.

Can you understand this distinction?

As it stands today, poor Z10 and PlayBook sales is no longer a RUMOUR. It is a FACT.

BlackBerry selling it's handset business or selling itself for parts is a RUMOUR, NOT a FACT. If these rumours end up being confirmed by BlackBerry, THEN they will become facts -- but not before.

Do you understand?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    10-30-13 07:05 PM
    I'm sorry but you're kidding yourselves. This might have been relevant years ago when people bought BlackBerry solely for BBM like teenagers but these days nearly every second teenager has an iPhone or an Android device. BBM stopped being a primary player when Whatsapp, Kik, Facebook messenger, Line, LiveChat etc was able to offer cross-platform messaging. There is no reason to buy a BB10 device after experiencing BBM on Android or Whatsapp because our platform doesn't have anything really to offer for the younger generation. Most of BB10's features are for prosumers and powerusers, not 14 year old girls. They cannot even Instagram on BB10 unless they sideload it and try taking a selfie with Instagram sideloaded and it doesn't work properly as the image is flipped upside down while capturing even if you rotate the phone. BlackBerry is considered uncool compared to the likes of the iPhone and BBM isn't going to change that.

Having skype doesn't make me want to go out and buy Windows. Having Instagram doesn't make me want to have a Facebook. Stop kidding yourselves and wake up to reality. Our platform has virtually nothing to offer someone my age or younger that a competitor doesn't have unless they really need a a real time operating system, blackberry balance and whatnot. BlackBerry Hub is amazing but you dont' see the whole world pissing themselves over it like a wet dog like they do for iPhones
    BBM cross platform isn't about selling BlackBerry phones. It plays into enterprise and BYOD for work. The all encompassing platform for business and Government alike. Fully controllable by the administration routed through BB servers.
    Channels has the ability to be monetized for consumers.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 09:54 PM
    This is my idea of screen sharing iTeleport | Home it's what I use daily. What app do you use to remote into your desktop? AIO doesn't seem to actually "share the screen", its just a remote control, right? You have to actually be sat in front of the desktop you're controlling because the "screen" isn't actually sent to your phone? Thats not "screen sharing", that's merely a "wireless mouse". I can view my desktop and control it from anywhere in the world that I have cell/wifi service.

I can also use logmein or go to my PC.

I think the screensharing in BBM is neat but I cant think of a single use case for remote accessing someones phone screen tbh.

Thanks for enlightening me you are not the first person to tell me that iPhones can do screen share, so I went to look it up on Youtube here is what I find.

Screen share on an iPhone is what we call using our phone as a mouse ... here is the youtube video

This is equivalent to a Blackberry app called AIO Remote .. here is a demo of the older version of this app. I have the later version where you can even use your phone as a keyboard for your pc.

Compare this with the screen share on a Blackberry

Do tell me if you see a difference in the screen share on iPhone and Blackberry
    Last edited by xandermac; 10-31-13 at 06:38 AM.
    10-31-13 06:26 AM
    Splashtop Remote Desktop - Goes over Internet
    AccessToGo Remote Desktop - Good if you are using a VPN or the PC is on the same LAN as your wifi
    or if you want a more corporate solution there is a Citrix Receiver that is even published (for 10.2) that is being worked on.

BB10 has options for everything you mentioned there.
    10-31-13 09:28 AM
    Should probably not be confusing screen sharing with remote desktop, particularly in a thread about BBM, since it does have a screen share feature now.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-31-13 03:50 PM
    This is my idea of screen sharing iTeleport | Home it's what I use daily. What app do you use to remote into your desktop? AIO doesn't seem to actually "share the screen", its just a remote control, right? You have to actually be sat in front of the desktop you're controlling because the "screen" isn't actually sent to your phone? Thats not "screen sharing", that's merely a "wireless mouse". I can view my desktop and control it from anywhere in the world that I have cell/wifi service.

I can also use logmein or go to my PC.

I think the screensharing in BBM is neat but I cant think of a single use case for remote accessing someones phone screen tbh.
    When I first saw screen share I was thinking along for same lines as you then it occurred to me to be a brilliant idea as sometimes when you are discussing something with a friend or colleague he may not be able to describe certain things efficiently to you or vice-versa, screen share comes in handy. It is also a great support tool for users.

Well in terms of accessing my desktop, BB10 allow me to access certain folders predetermined by me via wifi from my phone and vice-versa . It is not as graphical as iTeleport or possibly in such details.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:45 PM
208 ... 789