Hi,

I don't have the BBM 7 beta, but have a question for when I upgrade for the official release. I was wondering is there any way to disable BBM Voice, or mark yourself as unavailable for calls, so that it makes it impossible for people to call you while marked as that, other then being disconnected from wifi? Also, is there anyway to set the BBM Voice to silent?

Thank you
    12-07-12 12:19 PM
    afaik, there is not. That is for the beta version, not sure about when they release it, I would assume they would have something in place that would stop calls from coming through (cause we all do sleep sometimes eh)

Probably achieve the same thing with a Sound Profile, but I would like to see an internal mechanism in place for limiting how and when people can contact me on BBMV
    12-07-12 12:22 PM
    Hm, that seems like it could be a big issue unless something is implemented. So there really is no way to set it to busy or disabled or something like that? With BBM 7, I would like to be able to stay connected to wifi, but when I don't want to use voice, I would like not to receive calls. Is there even a way to set it's sound profile to silent?
    12-07-12 12:27 PM
    There was a thread asking about it on the Beta Forums (BBM). Something they should be working on at any rate.

I am sure once it's released we will have the choice to silence the voice calls.
    12-07-12 12:28 PM
    I hope just setting your availability to "Busy" is enough to disable (incoming) vBBM calls. But afaik (and I could be wrong...my knowledge is quite limited here), that hasn't worked with the current beta builds
    12-07-12 12:29 PM
    Mmhmm, I imagine it's like it should behave like a regular voice call, you can silence or ignore but you can't stop someone from calling you, but at least they're on your BBM list.
    12-07-12 12:29 PM
    Hi,

I don't have the BBM 7 beta, but have a question for when I upgrade for the official release. I was wondering is there any way to disable BBM Voice, or mark yourself as unavailable for calls, so that it makes it impossible for people to call you while marked as that, other then being disconnected from wifi? Also, is there anyway to set the BBM Voice to silent?

Thank you
    I think if you set your bbm status to "busy" people can't call you and bbmv sounds can be changed in the profiles.
    12-07-12 12:31 PM
    Ok, can anyone else confirm this?
    12-07-12 12:32 PM
    I hope just setting your availability to "Busy" is enough to disable (incoming) vBBM calls. But afaik (and I could be wrong...my knowledge is quite limited here), that hasn't worked with the current beta builds
    Doesn't make a difference. My BBMV calls come through anyways. (Beta versions)
    12-07-12 12:37 PM
    Yeah...that's what I thought. Thanks for the quick confirmation.
    12-07-12 12:38 PM
    Are you on the latest beta version? Also, is there a sound profile to set to silent to completely silence it? I don't see how RIM could release it like this with no way to at least silence it. Work, school, movie theater, or just want some peace and quiet, all require silent mode!
    12-07-12 12:39 PM
    Are you on the latest beta version? Also, is there a sound profile to set to silent to completely silence it? I don't see how RIM could release it like this with no way to at least silence it. Work, school, movie theater, or just want some peace and quiet, all require silent mode!
    No, I am still on .100. (They are on .121 or something now?)

You can silence your phone just like you always could. Put your device in silent, you won't hear a thing
    12-07-12 12:43 PM
    No, I am still on .100. (They are on .121 or something now?)

You can silence your phone just like you always could. Put your device in silent, you won't hear a thing
    Hm, I just asked one of my BBM Groups about it, and they said there is now a way to mute it in the later versions. Is there anyway you could update and test it, or any one else confirm this?
    12-07-12 12:46 PM
    Or you could create a custom profile called "silent BBMv" or something like that. Luckily, the template for custom profiles starts out with all sounds preset to Normal, so you wouldn't have to change too many alerts.
    12-07-12 12:47 PM
    Or you could create a custom profile called "silent BBMv" or something like that. Luckily, the template for custom profiles starts out with all sounds preset to Normal, so you wouldn't have to change too many alerts.
    So there is a sound profile setting for BBM Voice that has an option to silence it?
    12-07-12 12:48 PM
    So there is a sound profile setting for BBM Voice that has an option to silence it?
    Erm I thought there was...?

I thought it just wasn't possible to do it from within BBM. But if there's no sound profile option either, that'll be a big leave.
    12-07-12 12:54 PM
    Someone in a BBM Group is saying there is, but just want another confirmation from someone here as well. If there isn't, that is going to be a huge issue. I really don't think RIM would not implement a way to silent or disable voice.
    12-07-12 01:01 PM
    there's a BBM voice option in profiles, right above "phone". Apparently .100 has this option, actually.

Yes, i'm on OS5. or else i'd be using .121
    raino likes this.
    12-07-12 01:04 PM
    there's a BBM voice option in profiles, right above "phone" but as i'm on OS5 i can't get anyone a screenshot. they for some reason didn't make .121 or .108 for OS5.
    Ok, that's good because the people I want to call, I just do it over the normal phone, people I would like to BBM, I want to stay text so an option to at least silence BBM Voice is good.
    12-07-12 01:08 PM