At the earning report there was talk about BBM and the future of it. One big note was Windows Phone availability (which is great!), but what about the major much anticipated update to iOS and Android BBM that brings Video Chat? It was teased and mentioned at the launch that it will be coming but nothing is in sight! They mentioned updated stickers, advertising methods and even BBM Money (which I am dying to use!!!).

Where are they with Video Chat for the other platforms? Has it been put on the back burner to focus on other things? It's a huge update that many will use and an update that will bring many more users to BBM!

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    06-20-14 08:10 AM
    I do agree let's hope it comes soon.
    06-20-14 08:56 AM
    It is taking a pretty long time. I wonder what the hold up is.
    06-20-14 09:13 AM
    I hope it doesn't go to other platforms. I've used that feature alone to make people switch to BB10

From Zarafet my Z30.
    06-20-14 09:28 AM
    video chat has to go cross platform, just as bad as it needs to have a desktop version. My hunch, I think this will all happen towards the end of the year mayb once BlackBerry Blend is released. On the leaked pics of Blend, it had a video chat icon showing. This is just my guess though. If they don't get it working by the end of the year I'm going to be disappointed. BBM growth has already stalled so they need these new features

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    06-20-14 09:37 AM
    I hope it doesn't go to other platforms. I've used that feature alone to make people switch to BB10

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Interesting, considering there are plenty of other ways to video chat that are cross platform. Sounds like they just wanted a BB.
    06-20-14 09:44 AM
    Interesting, considering there are plenty of other ways to video chat that are cross platform. Sounds like they just wanted a BB.
    Maybe he shows off screen share as well. Does seem a little crazy to buy a phone over bbm video chat though.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:52 AM
    Yh. But you see, over here (in nigeria). Skype isn't popular, but bbm is. They love bbm. So when they realise that they would get a limited version of bbm on an android device. Most of them switch to BB10 to get the full experience (video call).

From Zarafet my Z30.
    06-22-14 03:08 AM
    I feel like they ditched it since they've never talked about it after the initial launch.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    senel likes this.
    06-22-14 03:11 AM
    BBM video is only for BlackBerry users.

From my ? phone
    06-22-14 05:33 AM

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Don't they have Face Time instead?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 09:41 AM
    I have to agree that they need BBM cross platform video calling. It would definitely be a selling point for me to be able to get my friends down in Australia and new Zealand to get it on their phones and use it. The more people that uses BBM the more BlackBerry become relevant to them and there for an option when they are buying their next phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 10:28 AM
    You have to figure that logistically it's hard. With apple, you have one type of camera so it's standard, but with android, the mobile spam platform, they allow anyone to put it on a phone so those camera specs are different so it might be a bit of a challenge....im just saying

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 07:59 AM