I do this for all my groups. That's been the biggest drain for me on BBM.

On individual chats I don't save chat history.

This is available in the three dots, bottom right. Click chat history and it will show these options.

Attachment 285533

Posted via CB10
    Not to be a but that's all I have in my 3 dots
    BBM on STL 100-1 is eating my battery, need advice.-img_20140718_095730.png

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 02:58 AM
    How does one do this exactly ?

TIA

After reading your suggestion I have disconnected all the (nearly 20) apps to bbm now let's see if that works or not

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 07:23 AM
    You're supposed to press it for 30 seconds for it to reset. Hold it till it resets on its own

Posted via CB10
    Stl 100-1 hard reset is holding the power button till phone boots up. The volume keys dont work as a hard reset for stl 100-1.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    Ashish Sanghvi likes this.
    07-18-14 08:14 AM
    What boggles my mind is BlackBerry is the only OS I have heard of where the answer to problems is to reload the OS. While not difficult to do for people who know how, that is unacceptable. That's why people have left. All OS's have issues and people need to pick their poison. They will usually pick the easiest one.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Not true!!! Have you ever used an android before!!!??? Reload OS, root, change roms etc are responses to issues all the time!!!!!
    07-18-14 08:58 AM
    You're supposed to press it for 30 seconds for it to reset. Hold it till it resets on its own

Posted via CB10
    Tried holding for over a minute. Still it doesn't reset.

Posted via CB 10 using the awesome bb10 keyboard
    07-18-14 01:57 PM
    Slightly OT but does anyone know how to quit or leave a BBM group?

TIA
    07-18-14 04:57 PM
    Goodbye!

No Signature today...
    Yeah, that's what blackberry needs.

07-18-14 05:00 PM
    Not true!!! Have you ever used an android before!!!??? Reload OS, root, change roms etc are responses to issues all the time!!!!!
    I have had multiple Android phones and currently have the Nexus 5. Have never had to do any of those.

07-18-14 05:01 PM
    Me too! This phone in really annoying!!
    07-18-14 06:02 PM
    In india BlackBerry is only selling slt-100 -1 and if I manage to get other model I won't get official updates

Posted via CB10
    Yes you will get official updates just go to the BlackBerry website and update through there. If you've gotten a different model. As someone mentioned if you have some games there they might be accessing your BBM delete them ,additionally you may have channels enabled they also update all the time. Delete any channels and see if any change.

Check out TaskManager in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23203885

This app also kills any rogue Android apps accessing your device BBM, download it. It's quite effective. Its also good for any app running headless on your device that's a battery hog.
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-18-14 at 10:38 PM.
    07-18-14 10:23 PM
    Slightly OT but does anyone know how to quit or leave a BBM group?

TIA

BBM on STL 100-1 is eating my battery, need advice.-img_20140719_144411.png
    Open group then 3 dots lower right

07-19-14 01:45 AM
    Tried holding for over a minute. Still it doesn't reset.

Posted via CB 10 using the awesome bb10 keyboard
    Hold up powerbutton till phone boots up. the volume rockers doesn't work as a hard reset.

07-19-14 01:46 AM
    I have had multiple Android phones and currently have the Nexus 5. Have never had to do any of those.

Kidding me? I've got a three year old SGIII and I've NEVER had to reload an OS or install a leak. Never did it on my Atrix or my SGII Skyrocket either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    07-19-14 04:07 AM
    Not to be a but that's all I have in my 3 dots
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140718_095730.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	285644

Posted via CB10
    Ah....sorry I wasn't clear. That screenshot I posted was for BBM groups if you have any. You can configure your device to not save chat history, just go to initial settings.
    I'm sorry, I haven't got my Q at the moment to post a screenshot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    07-19-14 04:12 AM
    Yes you will get official updates just go to the BlackBerry website and update through there. If you've gotten a different model. As someone mentioned if you have some games there they might be accessing your BBM delete them ,additionally you may have channels enabled they also update all the time. Delete any channels and see if any change.

Check out TaskManager in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23203885

This app also kills any rogue Android apps accessing your device BBM, download it. It's quite effective. Its also good for any app running headless on your device that's a battery hog.
    No need to delete them. Just change settings so no longer associated to bbm. I have nothing associated to bbm and get a good 10-12 hrs out of my Z10. The Z30 is an easy 16-18 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 04:06 PM
    I disconnected all the apps from bbm and hard reset the phone now it works fine but there should have been a better solution for that

Posted via CB10
    I'll agree, but I'm glad my troubleshooting had helped. Something to dig into a bit deeper. I purposely limit which and how many apps connect to BBM, almost instinctively.
    07-20-14 05:46 PM
    No need to delete them. Just change settings so no longer associated to bbm. I have nothing associated to bbm and get a good 10-12 hrs out of my Z10. The Z30 is an easy 16-18 hrs.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but some Android Ported Apps won't give you the option to toggle off, anyway seems OP solved the problem using a suggestion from Supafly.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-20-14 06:43 PM
    Yes but some Android Ported Apps won't give you the option to toggle off, anyway seems OP solved the problem using a suggestion from Supafly.

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to take credit ... yet I think this maybe something of a battery hog issue that BlackBerry needs to be alerted about.
    07-20-14 07:58 PM
    I'd like to take credit ... yet I think this maybe something of a battery hog issue that BlackBerry needs to be alerted about.
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    True. Personally if the app doesn't give me control over what it accesses then I won't install it. Personal choice I guess.

Definitely would be nice to have better control with that Android apps tho.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 04:40 AM
95 ... 234