I was thinking it would be a nice idea for BlackBerry to add this gifting feature back to BlackBerry World and the option to gift BBM sticker packs as well.

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    jope28 likes this.
    04-04-14 08:00 PM
    I would like to gift sticker packs to my nieces and my sisters. Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 08:17 PM
    One obvious problem is that BB really only has control over BB World, which is only good for BB devices. BBM Stickers are also available for iOS and Android, from their respective stores, and a significant portion (1/3 or so) of BBM's userbase is on Android.
    04-04-14 09:06 PM
    One obvious problem is that BB really only has control over BB World, which is only good for BB devices. BBM Stickers are also available for iOS and Android, from their respective stores, and a significant portion (1/3 or so) of BBM's userbase is on Android.
    Why not offer it on BlackBerry World for BlackBerry users and write up something in the app (for a pop-up) on how to do it on iOS and Android, if those stores have gifting?
    04-04-14 09:13 PM
    I like the gift ideas

? Slicing using my ?
    04-05-14 07:32 AM
    Why not offer it on BlackBerry World for BlackBerry users and write up something in the app (for a pop-up) on how to do it on iOS and Android, if those stores have gifting?
    And bring BlackBerry World into android app store just to sell stickers? I like that bold idea. But Google is going to veto that.

Posted via CB on BB10
    04-05-14 08:36 AM
    Link to website for purchase if from iOs or Android. BBID = eligible to purchase from BlackBerry World, packs sent in files attached to a BBM from BBW.

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-05-14 12:11 PM
    AFAIK, neither the App Store or Google Play has a gifting mechanism. The closest thing you can do is buy store credit, but those credits can be used for anything in the store (except hardware) - there's no way to make it specific to BB stickers.

And, no, neither store is going to let BB operate a "store within a store" and bypass their mechanisms. Imagine if other companies tried to do that in BB World - you'd be furious!
    04-05-14 12:55 PM
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry imbed BlackBerry World into the App Store or Google Play. If the user isn't on BlackBerry World, display a message on how to gift by whatever means those stores have for gifting (which sounds like none at the moment). The point I'm trying to make is to go ahead and allow gifting on BlackBerry's and not exclude it because the other app stores don't support it.
    07thking likes this.
    04-05-14 04:36 PM
    Maybe need to have a BBM World, where not only stickers but other items can be purchased, lots of discussions about other items via BBM. Why not one store, with stickers, greeting cards, Web site/web service subscriptions, music, movies, BBM Money services, who knows what else?

BBID defines whether you're served up iOs, Android, BlackBerry or Windows phone version of interface / files. Purchases delivered via BBM attachment, opened only via key related to particular BBID.

Gifting cross platform via Share menu at purchase - choose from BBM contacts.

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-05-14 04:46 PM
    And bring BlackBerry World into android app store just to sell stickers? I like that bold idea. But Google is going to veto that.

Posted via CB on BB10
    Google won't allow this, I agree. But great idea.

04-06-14 06:30 PM
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry imbed BlackBerry World into the App Store or Google Play. If the user isn't on BlackBerry World, display a message on how to gift by whatever means those stores have for gifting (which sounds like none at the moment). The point I'm trying to make is to go ahead and allow gifting on BlackBerry's and not exclude it because the other app stores don't support it.
    +1

04-06-14 06:32 PM
    Maybe allow me to buy a sticker pack and gift it one time (per purchase) by sending it as a zip file or the like that the receiving end bbm installs?

Gifting would be great for revenue. I'd gift packs to young people I deal with who themselves would likely not spend the $
    04-06-14 11:52 PM
    Maybe allow . . . . . with who themselves would likely not spend the $
    FWIW - love your surge protectors.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 01:14 AM
    Send them BBM money for them to use as sticker inside their BBM's on ios and android.

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-07-14 05:58 AM
    Would definitely gift the South Park stickers to a friend I know is a huge South Park fan, but I know she won't be able to buy them herself.
    Wish it was possible.
    She's on Android and the explanations here make clear that we shouldn't hold our breath for it, but one can dream lol.

Frosty White Q10/10.2.1.3175 CB10'n
    06-24-14 03:46 PM