I believe BBM will be released to ios and Android when a deal to purchase BlackBerry is finalized. The reason IMHO is to keep the share price low. If BBM was released now and had good adoption it would bring the share price above 9$. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 08:55 AM
    That's frustrating....I'm waiting to get it on my iPhone and my Android and it's driving me nuts.
    10-11-13 08:58 AM
    Internal talk suggests #Blackberry will be relaunch #BBM4ALL sometime around Oct 18th next week. Let's hope all goes to plan this time.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-11-13 08:59 AM
    Let's hope for one of the first times in history, they launch it with more then announced.... I'm talking about bbm Voice and bbm video

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 09:05 AM
    I believe BBM will be released to is and Android when a deal to purchase BlackBerry is finalized. The reason IMHO is to keep the share price low. If BBM was released now and had good adoption it would bring the share price above 9$. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    What you're describing is illegal. In fact, here in the U.S., it would be criminal and tantamount to theft, and probably is in Canada as well.
    10-11-13 09:05 AM
    Internal talk suggests #Blackberry will be relaunch #BBM4ALL sometime around Oct 18th next week. Let's hope all goes to plan this time.
    I hate wen ppl do tht...yet another date to sorta cling to n there might be a big disappointment knowing blackberry... N why are they taking so long? it is a mature app being ported to another platform... i dont see the big deal... at least give us the full bbm this time around... MEH!!
    10-11-13 09:12 AM
    This is only the billionth thread about this.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 09:14 AM
    Probably because you will have to pay for video and voice. Just guessing though. Would you pay?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 09:15 AM
    I hate wen ppl do tht...yet another date to sorta cling to n there might be a big disappointment knowing blackberry... N why are they taking so long? it is a mature app being ported to another platform... i dont see the big deal... at least give us the full bbm this time around... MEH!!
    That was posted on twitter my friend

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-11-13 09:16 AM
    Lots of people have been saying this. We will see what happens.
    10-11-13 11:33 AM
    #BBMforsome. And please, no dates. We learned our lesson the first time.
    10-11-13 11:57 AM
    I will bet anyone it wint be out when they say. And even after they ban this handle I will pull out another to settle up..
    Whos in?
    No date was given, and they probably won't give one till the same day

Posted Via CB10 On The Brother Of Future Z30
    10-11-13 12:10 PM
    That's one way to think about it..

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:15 PM
    This logic only makes sense if one were to assume that Heins is in collusion with Watsa to keep the price low. The Board's job is to maximize shareholder value. The deal with Fairfax allows BB to court other offers, and if they can get more than $9 a share, then they simply pay a "penalty" to Fairfax.

That said, I wouldn't drop my coffee mug in shock if someone were to discover collusion.
    10-11-13 12:38 PM
    It must be tough to write code with your head stuck in a guillotine.
    10-11-13 06:29 PM
    My theory is that it is practically a non-issue as far as the sale of Blackberry is concerned. While it may have been an interesting idea as a potential way to acquire users, the company didn't execute. Furthermore, what they showed was probably less than the market expected feature-wise. Like all of the other Blackberry new products over the past several years, the anticipation far exceeded the reality.
    10-11-13 06:43 PM
    This was my thought initially.

The thought passed though,....

I just want them to jack-in-box that app on us toute-de-suite!

?10
    10-11-13 06:47 PM
    It must be tough to write code with your head stuck in a guillotine.
    This.

Elaborate collusion theories aside, a simpler and more likely explanation, IMO, is that the team was under intense pressure to meet the end of summer deadline set by upper mgmt. With layoffs happening all around them, nobody had the courage to step up this summer and say "this product is not going to be ready on time".

This happens all the time in hyper-stressful situations like this.
    10-11-13 06:49 PM
    I believe BBM will be released to ios and Android when a deal to purchase BlackBerry is finalized. The reason IMHO is to keep the share price low. If BBM was released now and had good adoption it would bring the share price above 9$. Just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    I'll go and argue the other way round: that it is within their interest if they're looking for a buyer / investor, to properly release cross platform BBM.

That is unless, some people on the management / board thinks that its better to stall the launch, for whatever reasons, for example, to split the company.
    10-11-13 09:46 PM
    Two very opposite opinions out there in the potential buyer market. Some think that going cross-platform would be a huge mistake and devalue the BB proposition.

Others think exactly the opposite.

Prudent to let the eventual new owners make such an important decision....

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:49 PM
    Personally I don't think they're holding back on the release date for any specific part other than having had a half backed product that consumed too much resources with the initial release. I think they are frantically re-coding to be able to release a decent build this time around to try and save some face. The one thing they can't do now is have a botched BBM release for the second time.
    10-13-13 12:03 AM