One thing I would love to see is BlackBerry have a deal with Sony to provide BBM video and text chat service feature similar to XBOX's Skype. Now I know its not truly something that is on the table as they still haven't moved BBM to PC or Mac computers yet(which is ridiculous). But I would like to see BBM featured on PS4, I think it would help with adoption and would be a great feature.

Let me know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    06-09-14 10:49 AM
    One thing I would love to see is BlackBerry have a deal with Sony to provide BBM video and text chat service feature similar to XBOX's Skype. Now I know its not truly something that is on the table as they still haven't moved BBM to PC or Mac computers yet(which is ridiculous). But I would like to see BBM featured on PS4, I think it would help with adoption and would be a great feature.

Let me know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry would lose BILLION's doing this that the company would have to file for bankruptcy and finally close their doors for good. Sounds harsh, well it should as BlackBerry isn't in the market to make computer or set top boxes. They are in the market to provide an enterprise level of security server and smartphone.
    06-09-14 10:55 AM
    BlackBerry would lose BILLION's doing this that the company would have to file for bankruptcy and finally close their doors for good. Sounds harsh, well it should as BlackBerry isn't in the market to make computer or set top boxes. They are in the market to provide an enterprise level of security server and smartphone.
    Why would Blackberry lose billions doing this? I'm just curious. I think it's a good idea but obviously it would cost them to develop the software. I hope you know BBM isn't anymore secure than iMessage or Facebook Messenger if that's the direction you're coming from if sony gets hacked again. It would be a unique opportunity to get into the younger market but I don't think sony would actually sign off on it. If anything, blackberry is losing billions because people are going elsewhere for their phones and software.

*edit, forgot to add E-BBM is obviously more secure but enterprises pay for that. From what I understand, BBM today merely sandboxes their data like iMessage and Facebook messenger. They obviously encrypt on the server and client but so do most companies creating apps today, except for whatsapp apparently haha. Anyway, would be a great way to get exposure.. Like I said if anyone were to prevent the deal, it would be Sony, not Blackberry.*
    06-09-14 11:02 AM
    Lol BBM is a software

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 11:43 AM
    Brilliant idea! That's how BlackBerry gets user adoption rates to stay flying! Only thing I would say is Skype + Microsoft it's much easier for then to work together..would Sony see enough gain for them to jump in?

And don't worry, bbm BlackBerry on all platforms (Inc pc) is coming..

Check Out TechCraze
    06-09-14 12:48 PM
    He isn't talking about building a computer. With that being said, I don't like the idea because that would mean I would have to sell my Xbox and grab a ps4.