Hi all,

I'm pretty new to BBM and Blackberry, but in the few months I've had my phone I've never had an issue like this with BBM.

Today I noticed in the recent updates that one of my friend's pictures had been changed. It was some sort of cartoon image, not the typical picture of himself that he usually has. Out of curiosity I opened my chat with him (to enlarge the picture) and as I opened the chat the picture immediately changed to a cartoon donkey with some words next to it. I enlarged the picture and the text next to the cartoon donkey said "se te perdio algo?" ("did you lose something?") and at the bottom of the pic said "PIN: 2A5....."

I didn't catch the whole PIN, nor did I get a chance to capture a screenshot of the image because the picture then again immediately changed to a picture of my friend that he has used as a display pic many times in the past. The whole thing, from opening the chat to the final picture change took around 10-15 seconds.

The first 3 numbers of the PIN that I was able to catch do not match up to my friend's PIN, nor have I ever seen the cartoon "Did you lose something?" message (in English, Spanish, or any other language for that matter). The whole thing seemed kind of sketchy to me and I am wondering if it is possible that my friend's BBM has been hacked in some way? Basically I want to make sure I'm not completely crazy before I tell him "hey, there might be something wrong with your phone."

Anyway, any advice as to why this occurred would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    01-08-13 05:02 PM
    It's wasn't hacked. This isn't whatsapp
    01-08-13 05:20 PM
    He probably changed it and hasn't told you yet and wanted to do something different to be less predictable.
    01-08-13 11:27 PM
    In BBM when the blue bar moves over one of the status updates you will the text getting white. the original font was black. so when the blue bar goes on anything it inverts some specific colors, like white and black. With pictures its similar some colors do get inverted from white to blue. When the text is white you wont see it cuz the background is white, when u scroll to the text, it inverts and changes to blue. So people took advantage of that to make funny pics. The same thing when you open the pic into full screen u will the text cuz it is white on a black background. This picture file format is .PNG PNG lets you have transparent background in a photo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 11:53 PM
    @shobokshy Ahhhhhhhhh of course! Thanks so much! Definitely a BBM newbie learning some stuff over here!
    01-09-13 12:05 AM
    Check out this post...
    Custom BBM avatars change face when highlighted | CrackBerry.com
    Check out this thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...ml#post5641033
    There are plenty that already exist, but you can make them yourself as well...
    How to Make Transparent BlackBerry Messenger Pictures | eHow.com
    HTH
    01-09-13 12:27 AM