how come ive been recently outside the country, without roaming, and with the antenna disconected(turned off), only wifi on, sending and receiving BBM?? can someone explain me that? i know that it is been said that you need a data plan, but i recently found myself on this situation where i could send an receive BBM messages only through wifi... so... am i missing something here?
    03-11-10 10:10 PM
    how come ive been recently outside the country, without roaming, and with the antenna disconected(turned off), only wifi on, sending and receiving BBM?? can someone explain me that? i know that it is been said that you need a data plan, but i recently found myself on this situation where i could send an receive BBM messages only through wifi... so... am i missing something here?
    I do believe you need a data plan for BBM. In a simplest term, in your case, you're connected to "BBM server" through wifi, not through antenna. There's more ways to connect to a network than through ragular ota antenna.
    03-12-10 07:27 AM
    what i want to confirm is that if it is not necessary to go through roaming charges to keep in touch with my people when im abroad?? i had that question a month ago, but im not sure how it works... if i have a data plan, i can connect even through wifi and not get overcharged? is that true??
    03-12-10 09:44 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but once your phone pin has been registered and have BiS activated, you can use BBM as long as there is some form of data connection be it wifi or your provider's network.

My BBM works at home even when I switch off network connections on my BB cause I'm connected to my home wifi.
    03-12-10 12:19 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD