01-19-14 01:55 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=894819

They have kinda replied by saying that they will be developing for Windows Phone when there is a critical mass for BBM on Windows Phone. So they are focusing where most of the users are first, but they will be bringing out a WP client at one point.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:06 AM
    Oh the irony
    cbosdell and JeepBB like this.
    01-19-14 02:25 AM
    Oh the irony
    Lol

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    01-19-14 02:35 AM
    BBM isn't coming to Windows Phone (yet) for the same reasons some major apps aren't coming to BlackBerry 10 (yet): not enough people warrant the time and resources necessary to develop the app.

I don't think BlackBerry has a lot of money to be wasting right now, and while Windows Phone is gaining traction (at the expense of BlackBerry), I think BlackBerry's resources are better off being spent perfecting the BBM experience on iOS and Android. This includes making sure servers push cross platform messages as quickly as they do BlackBerry to BlackBerry messages, making sure apps on all platforms are updated consistently with necessary improvements and upgrades.

Make BBM the best on iOS and Android, and deal with Windows Phone later. Or trade Microsoft BBM for a BB10 native Skype
    01-19-14 02:55 AM
    This is the serious mistake that they are making: waiting for a "critical mass" of users.
    Wrong wrong wrong approach. This should be a strategic decision rather than the usual "will I have enough users"?

Example:
    The circle of friends that I communicate with on a regular basis is ~15 people. ONE of them has a Windows phone. He is ONE MAIN reason why we all still preferrably communicate through Whatsapp, have our groups on Whatsapp etc.

Most of my non-BB BBM friends moved back to Whatsapp already due to this situation ("What is the point? Why do you want me to use BBM if I have to continue with Whatsapp anyway because of XXX having a Windows phone? Why would you expect me to determine who has which system in order to choose the right system to communicate with him?").

I dont understand why BB doesn't get that. Reliability & stability and WP8 support are the critical success factors for BBM at the moment.
    01-19-14 04:19 AM
    We should stick to one place then

Blackberry confirms it has no plans to bring BBM to Windows Phone (for now). - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

They have kinda replied by saying that they will be developing for Windows Phone when there is a critical mass for BBM on Windows Phone. So they are focusing where most of the users are first, but they will be bringing out a WP client at one point.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:29 AM