With BlackBerry looking to monetize their offerings. I'd like to get people's perspective on them bringing back BBM Music. I know that Apple's offering hasn't been out long but I've heard from several people that they don't like the fact that artists are choosing the curated playlists that you listen to and they'd prefer if the playlists were curated by their friends (exactly how BBM Music was set up). I think BBM Music was before it's time on a platform that was dying. Having it available on a cross platform basis would have possibly not led to its death. It could also drive more people to use BBM. What do others think?

Also, keep in mind that BBM is being run as its own separate business with its own monetization strategies. So the fact that BlackBerry's hardware and services is focusing on enterprise should not affect BBM which is a platform for sharing and very much still a consumer product.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:50 PM
    i think anything that tried to compete with Apple better be damn well thought out and offer something different or it too, will fail
    07-01-15 03:17 PM
    BBM Music was a very interesting idea... but I think that BlackBerry's core user base was just the wrong group to offer a music subscription service to. If BBM had been popular with most of my friends on it... I might have used it beyond the free preview. But with no one to share, and already being heavily invested in iTunes... I din't see the point. And I still would not see the point....
    07-01-15 03:27 PM
    I think they could partner with any streaming service that's full service. Spotify, Tidal, Rhapsody....just something to get the music out there. Add the social element, eventually it will be a winner...but initially it will be just the streaming. I think Tidal just to maintain an exclusive feel to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:10 PM
    Personally I would love to have BBM music back

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:54 PM
    If you put a branded option like Spotify within bbm, would that work?

Z10
    07-01-15 07:06 PM
    It would be the right move for Blackberry to have it in BBM premium subscription package. Have a "Blackberry Music Link " have your choice Tidal,Spotify,Deezer or Slacker etc. And just go to BBM to get to it instead of through your cluttered apps.

....SLIDER....spec...tacular....
    ....Can't wait......
    07-01-15 07:38 PM
    Bring it back NOW!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:06 PM