I might be missing something because I don't really see a great difference between BBM groups and channels. There are group discussions and posts. Wouldn't if of been easier just to revamp bbm groups? Seems much simpler and ppl are accustomed to it. Well thats just my two cents.

Sidenote: saw some q10 at my university today good sign for BlackBerry!

C001230C6 Suits tv show BBM Channel
    09-16-13 11:30 AM
    With groups, anyone can submit and contribute once they are in the group. It's meant for collaboration between individuals.
    With Channels it's like have a social network profile. It's meant to showcase your own interests.
    09-16-13 12:38 PM
    Groups is more like an inner circle of friends where anyone can contribute, post pics, calendar events, and have various discussion topics within the group. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't seen the latest rendition of channels since I sold my Z10 a couple months ago, but channels is more for following a certain individual or company. People who aren't admins of the channel have limited posting power but they can still make comments, chat, etc. Think of it like a more interactive blog.

Another way to look at it is if you're familiar with Google Plus. You have your main Google Plus page which shows the people/communities you're following and you can click into those individual pages/communities, like Channels. BBM groups is more like the G+ hangouts for a more intimate chat. I honestly didn't get a chance to use the chat feature on channels when I had the Z10, but I'm *guessing* that it's more like a chat room where people can come and go as they please, whereas on BBM groups you can control who's allowed into the chat. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong. But the point is that they both have a specific purpose even though they're closely related.
    09-16-13 03:09 PM
    500 people follow my channel, but 500 people don't fit in my group. And I don't even have a lot of followers.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-16-13 03:14 PM
    500 people follow my channel, but 500 people don't fit in my group. And I don't even have a lot of followers.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    That's a good point too. Channels is when you'd like to reach a broader audience, and groups are more private.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    09-16-13 03:27 PM
    Channels is like a social network and a blog rolled into one where you can post pictures, quotes, gifs and hopefully soon video it's very addicting

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    09-16-13 05:33 PM
    BBM Groups also have extra benefits, such as the group calendar, lists, and a separate section for images.

As an example, I have a family BBM Group. We use the calendar for school events, like band concerts, marching band competitions, sport events, and such. It keeps my business calendar filled only with business events, and if a soccer game gets postponed due to bad weather, my wife can change it in the calendar and it changes automatically in mine.

We also use the list capability a lot. We have one list for grocery shopping. Any of us can add things to the grocery list and whoever goes to the store has the list. I can even add things while my wife is at the store and she'll get the updated list immediately. We also have lists for home improvements, chores, and will make lists for trips (what to pack, things to take care of before we leave...). Because it syncs automatically, and quickly, BBM Groups have become our main way to keep track of things for the family.

I don't think any of that is possible with BBM Channels.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-16-13 05:47 PM
    A feature request that's been submitted by many is for multiple channel administration rights. If that comes in a future version of Channels it'd be groups on steroids!
    Also channel Mergers. Like there's already 1000 channels discussing BlackBerry. If it makes sense regionally, the various channels could come together to form a larger channel/group!!

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    09-17-13 03:16 AM