Already posted this in the BBM forum and I am getting nowhere with replies.

Getting ready to add all my band members to the Group, but why is there no option to attach files like spreadsheets, Media, Dropbox etc.... in the BBM Group setting? I only see a photo option.

These features would be so handy for myself and my band members to keep business moving along steadily with communication.

I am shocked a little Groups lacks this considering BB is so business focused. Also bummed you cannot attach documents in the list folders.

BBM Group Concerns....-img_20150329_181611.png
    BBM Group Concerns....-img_20150329_182751.png

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 06:29 PM
    Well i guess its just me, we share links in all three of my groups, so just do what i said in the other thread you started
    03-29-15 07:05 PM
    BBM Group Concerns....-img_20150329_181143.png

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:12 PM
    You didn't answer my question. I am not asking about sharing browser links.

I am asking how to attach files via Word, Excel, Media etc in the list folders.

There is no option and your suggestion doesn't work. Tried it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 09:05 PM
    Nope, currently not. Group messaging in BBM seems limited in function compared to personel BBM

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-30-15 01:36 AM
    Oh wow! Didn't actually raise this was missing.... I wonder why????

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 01:45 AM
    Try BBM multi chat

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:37 AM
    You didn't answer my question. I am not asking about sharing browser links.

I am asking how to attach files via Word, Excel, Media etc in the list folders.

There is no option and your suggestion doesn't work. Tried it.

Posted via CB10
    No way to currently attach files in the same way you can attach images.

But, you can definitely share links to cloud storage (e.g.: share direct links to a file on Dropbox, OneDrive, etc...). It's not what you asked for, but it's a decent alternative (not as good as full attachment sharing though) .

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    03-30-15 11:35 AM
    maybe just in BBM for business.....
    03-30-15 03:30 PM
    or move those file in pics after it is made if it is even possible
    03-30-15 03:31 PM
    Already posted this in the BBM forum and I am getting nowhere with replies.

Getting ready to add all my band members to the Group, but why is there no option to attach files like spreadsheets, Media, Dropbox etc.... in the BBM Group setting? I only see a photo option.

These features would be so handy for myself and my band members to keep business moving along steadily with communication.

I am shocked a little Groups lacks this considering BB is so business focused. Also bummed you cannot attach documents in the list folders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150329_181611.png 
Views:	574 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	344520
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150329_182751.png 
Views:	575 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	344521

Posted via CB10
    QuietRioter I will answer your question. The answer is you can't attach anything in Group Chats on BBM. As a matter of fact before the latest update you weren't even able to attach pictures.

I've been voicing how crappy (for a lack of better words) it is that BBM doesn't allow you to attach files, pictures, videos, voice notes, location, glympse... etc., right to the chat screen, like you can on individual chats or on WhatsApp. Even multi-person chats though they have more options, are limited. BBM just recently added the option to attach pictures so I am hoping that in future updates we will get all the same options in Group chats that we have in individual chats.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:48 AM
    QuietRioter I will answer your question. The answer is you can't attach anything in Group Chats on BBM. As a matter of fact before the latest update you weren't even able to attach pictures.

I've been voicing how crappy (for a lack of better words) it is that BBM doesn't allow you to attach files, pictures, videos, voice notes, location, glympse... etc., right to the chat screen, like you can on individual chats or on WhatsApp. Even multi-person chats though they have more options, are limited. BBM just recently added the option to attach pictures so I am hoping that in future updates we will get all the same options in Group chats that we have in individual chats.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is crappy. Very crappy. Its like the best tool for business communication within BBM. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops and use other functions or 3rd party programs to get a task completed. My biggest disappointment is not being able to add MS Office files and media files in the file folder lists.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 01:13 PM
    Yes, it is crappy. Very crappy. Its like the best tool for business communication within BBM. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops and use other functions or 3rd party programs to get a task completed. My biggest disappointment is not being able to add MS Office files and media files in the file folder lists.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you 100%. How can you claim your an app for business if people can't share files. But I'm cautiously optimistic that they will change myself and others like you have complained about this same issue across the forums, hopefully someone at BlackBerry is listening. They seem to be adding the options slowly. They've started with pictures let's see if they add the option to attach files, videos, voice notes, location and Glympse.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 01:17 PM
    I am optimistic as well!!! I can't see them ignoring this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 07:46 PM