This worthy thread has turned into one of my more disappointing threads that pop up when I click the "participate " button in my CB10 app.

In an effort to change that. I believe using glympse probably provides a two-fold solution to BlackBerry providing a solution for users to send their location. Rather than having to do a specific location setup for each of the native map formats in each platforms they probably thought it woild be easier and cooler to just use Glympse's maps and system for all three.

It's also good for scenarios where you're potentially wanting to meet up with someone but they can't meet you for a few minutes or hours, you can send them a glympse and they can just meet up with you without having to constantly ask you where you are or ask for a current location if you keep moving at a mall or shopping centre, for instance.

They honestly need to add all thus goodness as well as photos and videos in Group chats though.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-13-14 01:13 PM
    Wait. Who's the guy in orange and who's the guy that got Tangoed?

Posted via CB10
    Nobody ever knew!

It was that successful that even now a fat bloke with his shirt off is regaled with the cry 'Tango man!'

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:36 PM
    This worthy thread has turned into one of my more disappointing threads that pop up when I click the "participate " button in my CB10 app.

In an effort to change that. I believe using glympse probably provides a two-fold solution to BlackBerry providing a solution for users to send their location. Rather than having to do a specific location setup for each of the native map formats in each platforms they probably thought it woild be easier and cooler to just use Glympse's maps and system for all three.

It's also good for scenarios where you're potentially wanting to meet up with someone but they can't meet you for a few minutes or hours, you can send them a glympse and they can just meet up with you without having to constantly ask you where you are or ask for a current location if you keep moving at a mall or shopping centre, for instance.

They honestly need to add all thus goodness as well as photos and videos in Group chats though.

- Developer of PinGuin
    Spot on Brandon, the more I think of it the more real world applications I can think of.

And the more features added to BBM the better to prise away those iOS and Android fingers from those 'other' messaging apps. Everyone who I've got onto BBM from other platforms loves it, there's still some hold outs however who simply REFUSE point blank to download it and even try it.

All these extras plus video and voice plus whatever else they have already dreamed up and are working on?

BBM is going to be something even more special soon...
    01-13-14 03:35 PM
    I sold my house and am moving to silicon valley to develop this idea, thanks.
    You're a good man.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 06:55 PM
    How often are you in such an unfamiliar place that you'd need to use this with friends?
    Does it matter? It's an option.

I'm not saying we'd be doomed without it, but it's not difficult to see how it can be beneficial

Posted with my Q10!
    01-14-14 08:41 AM
    Christ.....its bad enough my device has me explaining where am I, what ya doing? Now you want glimpses at your request. Wow, NSA wants you!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:12 PM
    Christ.....its bad enough my device has me explaining where am I, what ya doing? Now you want glimpses at your request. Wow, NSA wants you!

Posted via CB10
    Huh?
    01-14-14 07:41 PM
132 ... 456