I need some input on this, anybody else is experiencing this issue?
    Using iPhone model MG692LL/A with iOS 9.3.2. Using TMobile as carrier.
    After a full restore, running the 9.3.2 I downloaded BBM version 294.1.1.21
    It sends and receives messages when phone is on WIFI, but when this is turned off, or if you are out of WIFI range, it does not work. All it says is "connecting" with a round spinning wheel that never ends.
    Please help, I would not want to ditch BBM for some other messaging app.....

One more thing, when you start BBM with WIFI, messages in/out are OK. You can have a chat fine, but let's say you turn WIFI off, interestingly messages are STILL being sent and received!!!. WTH.
    I can keep sending messages as long as the BBM app is open and active. I did this for more than 15 minutes.
    As soon as I closed the app (double press front button, swipe up) the app does not connect and again shows the neverending "Connecting...."

I tried to delete the app, and reload. If I do this all while on LTE it will never setup. It just hangs on "Setting up BBM" with the spinning wheel...
    After 2-3 minutes it says "Attempting to connect to server".
    After another 3-4 minutes a "report problem" appears. When I choose that, I cannot report anything because it just hangs with another "Connecting" and the spinning wheel...

This has to be a bug.

UPDATE:
    (for easy reading, all my answers to below posts are here)

From bobshine screenshot, my setting are identical. All authorizations are on.
    Last edited by coolbold; 07-12-16 at 08:12 AM.
    07-02-16 09:42 AM
    Perhaps BBM is blocked on your phone for data use?
    I believe iphones can itemize which apps use data?
    Just a thought.
    Should not be an issue as my kids have iphones and they BBM me with no issues
    Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 09:44 AM
    BBM dos not connect while on LTE-imageuploadedbycb-forums1467470902.955781.jpg

Make sure you gives BBM all authorizations including the cell data use.
    07-02-16 09:48 AM
    bump
    07-02-16 10:22 AM
    bump
    You just bumped a thread that was idle for 30 minutes.
    Did you try bobshine's recommendation?
    07-02-16 10:40 AM
    Yes. See my original post, It says so right there.
    07-02-16 11:04 AM
    One more thing, when you start BBM with WIFI, messages in/out are OK. You can have a chat fine, but let's say you turn WIFI off, interestingly messages are STILL being sent and received!!!. WTH.
    I can keep sending messages as long as the BBM app is open and active. I did this for more than 15 minutes.
    As soon as I closed the app (double press front button, swipe up) the app does not connect and again shows the neverending "Connecting...."
    If Wifi is off and you can still send messages it suggests to me that LTE data is working.
    Wild A** Guess is name resolution issues.

Use a sniffer on wifi to see how the BBM session is established.
    Then try to resolve the names using a dns tool on the LTE link.
    07-02-16 11:34 AM
    LTE is working, until you close the app. Then it won't reconnect.

any particular apps you would recommend?
    07-02-16 12:02 PM
    LTE is working, until you close the app.
    My previous email is based on that understanding

any particular apps you would recommend?
    Sorry I don't use an iphone.
    Google is your friend or just search in the app store.
    07-02-16 12:24 PM
    It's really weird. Maybe someone that knows more about this can help out, but I believe that on iOS an app does not see the difference between LTE and WiFi.

Can you try the reverse test?

start BBM with LTE on and WiFi off, then turn off LTE and turn on wifi to see if what that does
    07-02-16 02:41 PM
    Maybe someone that knows more about this can help out...
    I already did thanks.
    07-02-16 04:19 PM
    Yup... xBBM is definitely broken now on iOS and Windows phones (at a minimum). Verified on 4 different iPhones in my fam on Tmobile, one iPhone on AT&T and one Windows phone on AT&T.

Actually it's been spotty for about a week. But now is completely broken unless on WiFi.

Great job in software there Mr. Chen. You just keep on stealing defeat from the Jaws of victory.

Even I am about ready to dump BBM.
    07-03-16 12:59 AM
    Mines works perfectly well, wifi or LTE on Bell Canada, iOS 9.3.2
    07-03-16 07:51 AM
    Buy a BlackBerry 10 device 10000 % better than any IOS device.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 02:51 PM
    The lack of more posts shows clearly that no one is using BBM anymore. To test my hypothesis, I found another iPhone 6 with 9.3.2. Installed the latest BBM. Same thing. No messages if LTE is ON.
    07-07-16 10:50 PM
    The lack of more posts shows clearly that no one is using BBM anymore. To test my hypothesis, I found another iPhone 6 with 9.3.2. Installed the latest BBM. Same thing. No messages if LTE is ON.
    Maybe it's a US carrier thing then! Mine haven't stopped working
    07-08-16 07:08 AM
    It has to be a combination of T-Mobile service & (maybe carrier update 24.2), BBM 294.1.1.21, iPhone 6 (TMobile, Verizon or Sprint unlocked) and iOS 9.3.2.

T-Mobile Tech tried to replicate my problem on their end. Guess what, same problem on their own phone. In the end they said Blackberry needs to update their app.

I sure hope they (Blackberry) are reading this. The issue is highly easy to replicate.

Here's someone else reporting the problem at BBM support Forums:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...t/td-p/3185016

Also, unbelievably, after 220+ views, zero replies.

So, at least I'm not the only one.
    07-09-16 10:27 PM
    Are those all US CDMA carriers?
    07-10-16 08:34 AM
    Are those all US CDMA carriers?
    Verizon and Sprint yes. T-Mobile No
    07-10-16 05:44 PM
    Even if or when BlackBerry fixes this... it's too late. They've botched it way more than one too many times.

Doubt they will ever even acknowledge the problem.

Great job god chen. How's that fantasy of being the world's software hero working out for ya?

BBM is dead. And I say that as one of the last remaining hold outs. But I refuse to keep getting ridiculed by friends and family for continuing to stick to it.

Blackberry = Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-11-16 04:07 PM
    So I went over to the iPhone App Store. Should have checked this before. Went to Reviews, and bam!, yes, quite a few people complain about this working-only-with-WIFI, issue. 10+ posts that I found. Many more for sure.

So sad about the demise of the whole Blackberry company. Regarding BBM, if they want to add some advertisements, fine, but at least keep it working! So many other chat apps are catching up, and some are even better. The newest ones specially, with free end to end encryption which BBM does not have, I believe, so there is really little reason to stay with BBM.

Bet they have lost thousands of users a day for this problem.
    07-11-16 09:40 PM