I'd like to be able to work with colleagues sharing the same app. Let's bring this to bbm!

QNX has so much potential. Bring it on BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:27 PM
    Hmmmm.... BlackBerry World > whatever app you want > Overflow > Share > BBM > whatever contact you want to use the app?

(Let's assume the contact bought/downloaded the app) Then BBM > that same contact > BBM Video > Share screen. That's whatcan be done right now.

What else do you want? Sans from you buying them the app, not much more can be done...

Or do you mean real time colaboration? That would require new APIs and the devs to actually bother re-coding their apps to use them (and friend, right now, this is seeing more and more unlikely).
    07-11-15 10:06 PM
    Such a good idea. So many good ideas if only they had the resources to develop them.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 06:35 AM
    Multi-machine collab monster... :-)

Yeah, QNX ftw!

�   www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)   �
    07-12-15 07:46 AM
    Hmmmm.... BlackBerry World > whatever app you want > Overflow > Share > BBM > whatever contact you want to use the app?

(Let's assume the contact bought/downloaded the app) Then BBM > that same contact > BBM Video > Share screen. That's whatcan be done right now.

What else do you want? Sans from you buying them the app, not much more can be done...

Or do you mean real time colaboration? That would require new APIs and the devs to actually bother re-coding their apps to use them (and friend, right now, this is seeing more and more unlikely).
    Really? ? How? Is there a video to demonstrate this?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 07:51 AM

What I'm implying is realtime collaboration.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 08:07 AM
    You don't need "distributed multiprocessing" for useful realtime collaboration.

For work I regularly use Lync to share desktops, whiteboards, voice, and chat. Desktop sharing allows the other party to work on the same app. However this is only for Windows AFAIK.

Google Docs has had real-time document collaboration for a number of years now. And this one is truly cross platform. It works on any desktop/laptop that can run Chrome, and on mobile it runs on Android and iOS.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-12-15 08:26 AM
    You don't need "distributed multiprocessing" for useful realtime collaboration.

For work I regularly use Lync to share desktops, whiteboards, voice, and chat. Desktop sharing allows the other party to work on the same app. However this is only for Windows AFAIK.

Google Docs has had real-time document collaboration for a number of years now. And this one is truly cross platform. It works on any desktop/laptop that can run Chrome, and on mobile it runs on Android and iOS.
    Haven't used Google Doc's before but have been using Dropbox & Box for years. Recently I've been forced to sign up for the Microsoft cloud services because of my new computer running on Windows 8.1

What's the difference between these anyway?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 09:33 AM
    Google's and Microsooft's TOS are shady while Dropbox is the most loved and BOX the most secure.
    07-12-15 09:38 AM
    Haven't used Google Doc's before but have been using Dropbox & Box for years. Recently I've been forced to sign up for the Microsoft cloud services because of my new computer running on Windows 8.1

All the services you mentioned are cloud storage services. In addition Google Docs provides apps for multiple people to review and edit a word document or spreadsheet in real time.
    07-12-15 09:40 AM
    Google Docs is an office suite (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation [PowerPoint] apps) that is integrated into Google Drive, which is Google's cloud-storage platform. Docs has about 80% of the functionality of MS Office (including all or nearly all of the most-uses features), but was designed from the start to allow easy and effective real-time collaboration. It is widely used in colleges and universities (and is almost default for startups), given its multi-platform capabilities, collaboration, cloud-storage, and integration with Gmail (which more than half of colleges and universities now use for their internal email).
    07-12-15 04:34 PM