With BBM going cross platform to iOS and Android. Will we see a computer app for BBM soon?

I feel this is an important step in expanding BBM. Sitting at a desk all day at my job, I really wish BBM was on my computer. That way I can avoid picking up my phone every 2 minutes to send a message.

I think this is beauty of Google Talk and to a lesser extent iMessage. I can message people's mobile devices from my computer. Is there any news on this and is there any likelihood of this happening?
    06-05-13 01:30 PM
    I don't think that there has been any official word or rumors on the matter but I could see it happening. If they are going through all the work to build it iOS and Android than why not build some sort of client for windows. More windows pcs are out there than any smartphone.
    06-05-13 01:37 PM
    What would be interesting is to see how they would determine which device to send the message to. I don't want BBM's arriving to my desktop while I'm away from it. Logging out/in would be a pain.
    06-05-13 01:39 PM
    It works with iMessage. I used to get messages to both my MacBook and iPhone. I think if it's read on one device, it gets marked as read on all devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 04:47 PM
    One step at a time grasshopper.
    06-06-13 04:58 PM
    Be a huge mistake without a desktop client.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 07:38 PM
    Be a huge mistake without a desktop client.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    I agree that if they want to go cross-platform that they need a desktop client.
    The problem is that it causes a lot of problems with the "D" & "R" as the computer usually isn't always on like a cell.
    06-06-13 07:42 PM