Is it the Dark Theme an Option? I 'd like to turn back to Light Theme for some Apps. Where do I do this? thanks, Ken
    11-21-13 10:29 AM
    Is it the Dark Theme an Option? I 'd like to turn back to Light Theme for some Apps. Where do I do this? thanks, Ken
    You gotta be on the latest 10.2 releases for this.

Swipe from the top on any app and go into Settings. If it supports Dark Themes, the switcher will be there.
    11-21-13 12:50 PM
    I wish they could release it to IOS And Android immediately

Posted via CB10
    Really hope they do, a lot of my friends say the current BBM is too white.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:00 PM
    You're the only one doing that here. Everybody else is expressing their opinion on the issue.

But I'll help you understand: It is a lot easier on they eye to read on a black screen with white letters.
    Actually a white screen with black letter is easier on the eyes, as per newspapers and e-book readers but dark theme is just simply COOL!
    11-21-13 01:15 PM
    Actually a white screen with black letter is easier on the eyes, as per newspapers and e-book readers but dark theme is just simply COOL!
    You're not taking the amount of light a newspaper generates into account (both your examples can't be read in the dark. Catch my drift?)

I won't even get started on painting full pages black.
    Last edited by diegonei; 11-21-13 at 07:33 PM.
    11-21-13 01:50 PM
    I really hope they allow a dark hub.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:37 PM
    I absolutely loathe the dark theme. Really. I find it makes my phone look like a cheap a$$, bargain basement, 2007 Android phone.

Ugly as hell IMO.

Sooo glad its only an option, and not the default, and not forced upon us.

Just my (dark-theme-hating) opinion!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 05:17 PM
    Accidental double post
    11-21-13 05:18 PM
    Absolutely love 1055 and dark themes...
    11-21-13 05:30 PM
    I absolutely loathe the dark theme. Really. I find it makes my phone look like a cheap a$$, bargain basement, 2007 Android phone.

Ugly as hell IMO.

Sooo glad its only an option, and not the default, and not forced upon us.

Just my (dark-theme-hating) opinion!!!

Posted via CB10
    Which is welcome. I for one want us to have freedom of choise over what theme we use. And I want it for the whole OS (yes buddy, I'm defending your Light Theme position. Heck! Bring us Light BlackBerry World!!!)

It's all or nothing lol.
    11-21-13 06:32 PM
    To me, the dark theme looks decent, but I especially like the battery savings resulting from it. I realize that the savings are miniscule, but it is still fun to stretch the battery as far as it can go on a single charge.

It is also much easier on the eyes when one is reading in the dark.

Verizon Q10SQN100-2 on 10.2.1.1055
    diegonei likes this.
    11-21-13 06:52 PM
    Yeah they should do it by default. Mine doesnt have dark theme for text messages yet.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    Your missing out on a lot man

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:32 PM
    You're not taking the amount of light a newspaper generates into account (both your examples can't be read in the dark. Catch my drift?)

I won't even get started on painting full pages black.
    I think it's just a matter of power management, hence the "dark" theme. The trade off for not being easier on the eyes is a black background (no power), and illuminate the characters in the foreground (power).
    11-21-13 08:44 PM
    I say BlackBerry should enable the dark theme for the whole OS (like the Q10 had).
    Agreed.
    11-21-13 10:38 PM
    I really hope they allow a dark hub.

Posted via CB10
    I want a dark hub as well. Come on, BlackBerry! Make it happen.
    11-21-13 10:40 PM
    When the OS has themes, why not some free official themes by blackberry for BBM? Yes, it can happen and make BBM look so wonderful irrespective of platforms. Love blackberry and I wish to see it back again.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-21-13 10:45 PM
    When the OS has themes, why not some free official themes by blackberry for BBM? Yes, it can happen and make BBM look so wonderful irrespective of platforms. Love blackberry and I wish to see it back again.

Posted via CB10
    We call it a theme, but it is more of a night mode, like e-book readers have.

It was actually called Dark Mode (and I guess it is still the oficial name).

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 11:17 PM
    cool, I guess we need few more of them

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by urskruz; 11-22-13 at 03:41 AM.
    11-22-13 03:14 AM
    Running 10.2.1.575. I cant get the dark theme to stick within the Contacts. I can get BBM and calendar to the dark theme. Any input to help?
    11-22-13 10:49 AM
    Figures it out. Once you open the text it is black. The inbox stays white theme.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:52 AM
    Running 10.2.1.575. I cant get the dark theme to stick within the Contacts. I can get BBM and calendar to the dark theme. Any input to help?
    I had that issue with the initial 10.2.0 update. Every time I changed my contacts theme to dark, close, reopen, it would be set back to light. I ended up wiping and reloading OS and manually reinstalling apps / reconfiguring. Something in my backup was corrupt and a restore would bring the issue back.
    11-22-13 12:14 PM
    I had that issue with the initial 10.2.0 update. Every time I changed my contacts theme to dark, close, reopen, it would be set back to light. I ended up wiping and reloading OS and manually reinstalling apps / reconfiguring. Something in my backup was corrupt and a restore would bring the issue back.
    Yep it surely on the backup and restore by link that messed up the dark theme on contact. For me I resolved it by NOT restore the setting, I restored only the application data of my backup

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:11 AM
    +1 Bro..! Love it as well!

BlackBerry Z10
    12-01-13 08:30 AM
    Yep it surely on the backup and restore by link that messed up the dark theme on contact. For me I resolved it by NOT restore the setting, I restored only the application data of my backup

Posted via CB10
    I think I only restored media. If you're saying you restored app data as well then that would pin it to applications backup.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    12-01-13 10:10 AM
    I think I only restored media. If you're saying you restored app data as well then that would pin it to applications backup.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10.
    Actually this is what happened with my installation :
    1. Fresh install 10.2.0.1089, test setting contact dark theme, close the contact app, make sure the contact app not running after close by looking through device monitor, open the contact app...it was good the contact is in dark theme, try restarting it is still in the dark theme...
    2. Restore only setting portion of the my backup through link. Open the contact it came back to white theme again
    3. Repeat step 1.
    4. This time I restore only the application data through link, open the contact...and the dark theme is working properly

If you look at my step above...., the culprit is restoring setting backup which cause the contact app theme instability.

Btw my BlackBerry link version is 1.2.1.31

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 03:27 AM
50 12