I've been waiting a while for these two and all I've heard is end of summer. Well summer is coming to a close now. Is BlackBerry going to give an exact date for these soon or will they release randomly and surprise everyone

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 09:55 PM
    still a month left in summer, no dates known yet though
    08-26-13 09:58 PM
    I believe everything will be pushed out when the Z30 is released in all honesty. That's how they did it with the Q10

douevenCB10?
    Dantala likes this.
    08-27-13 01:04 AM
    Maybe summer next year.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 4
    Dude_9 likes this.
    08-27-13 01:12 AM
    Just a wild guess.. no reasoning..

I am expecting it to come on 15th Sep 2013. (BBM cross Platform, Z30 and OS10.2)

Availability will be as usual but except US and some others, we will have 10.2 by end on September.

We might also see some announcement of 10.3 or 10.2 MR and some big apps coming native to platform on the same day.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:19 AM
    BlackBerry is being a little too vague with these releases, they should be pumping up everybody about them

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:15 AM
    BBM is already being advertised by Samsung in Africa as coming soon. Assuming they have more details than we do so if they are starting to advertise then it must not be much longer.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 06:28 AM
    When Blackberry said this summer, they literally are milking the entire summer which I believe officially ends on
    September 21st. Doesn't surprise me at all. But it's best they get the best product they absolutely can instead of pushing
    it earlier than they should.
    08-27-13 06:39 PM
    Fair enough, but I think they should be urgent to get it out there, since they aren't doing to great

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 07:08 PM
    Maybe at BBJam Asia (Sept 26-27)
    08-27-13 08:30 PM
    Personally I have given up on BBM for IOS, I have been hearing by "The End of Summer" for so long and as of this weekend, summer is gone and no BBM for IOS????? This is the exact reason folks are losing faith in Blackberry. They have been late with OS10 updates and so on. I was hoping to reconnect with a couple of my BBM groups now that I back on the IOS platform, but I don't think its going to happen any time soon. Disappointed.
    08-28-13 11:35 AM
    Personally I have given up on BBM for IOS, I have been hearing by "The End of Summer" for so long and as of this weekend, summer is gone and no BBM for IOS????? This is the exact reason folks are losing faith in Blackberry. They have been late with OS10 updates and so on. I was hoping to reconnect with a couple of my BBM groups now that I back on the IOS platform, but I don't think its going to happen any time soon. Disappointed.
    Last time I checked the end of summer is Sept 21st.
    BreakingKayfabe, web99 and Dude_9 like this.
    08-28-13 11:40 AM
    Some of you people are ridiculous. What the hell has ios done to upgrade people on a monthly or even quarterly basis? Not as much as BlackBerry, so quit whining.

And FYI, 10.2 is great, I have been running it for about a month as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    indie_b likes this.
    08-28-13 11:40 AM
    Maybe at BBJam Asia (Sept 26-27)
    At that point they will have been late by five days.

But it hasn't happened yet.

So have some nice chamomille tea, put on your comfy pjs, and curl up with a marathon WETA-UK run of Downton Abbey.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-28-13 11:49 AM
    It should be at early of next month.
    08-28-13 12:17 PM
    Lol anyone that knows the company BlackBerry already understood that when they said it was coming by the end of summer that they really meant the very end of summer. I'm sorry but I just expect BlackBerry to deliver at the very end of what ever time frame they give the public.
    08-28-13 12:32 PM
    When Blackberry said this summer, they literally are milking the entire summer which I believe officially ends on
    September 21st.
    depends what you use as a reference. meteorlogically (yea, that's spelt wrong lol) its done by calendar months and as such ends at the end of august.

however if your defining it as solstice to equinox, then yes its the 21st sept.

however in the US its actually commonly regarded as ending on labor day weekend (first weekend of sept)

however it could also be derived as the last day of feburary as that's the end of Australian summer lol.

Whenever they release it, if its anytime between the 9th sept and the 20th then they may as well not bother as I hear theres some other tech event that could monopolise the media during that time......apparently lol
    JeepBB and Drew808 like this.
    08-28-13 12:41 PM
    Ah, but this thread brings a nostalgic tear to me eye...

Was it only last year when we had these same posts (all but verbatim) over Playbook and the "summer" release of OS2.1.

We argued over the astronomical vs meteorological end of Summer theme for a while, but when Summer (by any definition) came and went... The straw-clutching began... BB had never said "summer"... Or, BB had said it, but it was said behind closed doors and was never meant to made public - so it somehow didn't count.

I hope you all have better luck with this "Summer"'s release of BB10.2.
    Coachbulldog and Drew808 like this.
    08-28-13 02:08 PM
    i just hope it comes on time with no delays! But seriously do other platforms want bbm? i know a few people on ios want it
    08-31-13 07:05 PM
    I wish i can get the invite for bbm for ios

Dying to get BBM for iPhone !!!
    09-01-13 12:34 PM
    I don't why but somehow I feel it's all coming together on 10th September 2013.

All means:

BBM available on ios and android
    10.2 availability in a few regions
    Z30 announcement and availability date
    Roadmap ahead

Could also be an announcement of strategic option.

Fingers crossed

Please it is just a little wish and intuition today that I get. Its ok if you don't agree. Keep the fun going. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 09:07 AM
    I saw on twitter 9/12/13
    09-03-13 06:54 PM
    Well it would have been nice to have bbm channels and cross platform before the first day of school. But oh well.... I hope they release it soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 07:08 PM
    I am of the opinion that they need to wait until they are as close to acceptable as possible even up to Christmas, if need be.

Releasing with 10.0.XX killed the momentum in the States. They would have been better off to wait. If they they are hoarding the cash to survive -- and not just to be more attractive for a buy-out -- then a couple of months may not be much in the grander scheme of things. They can't risk another rebooting fiasco. They have to grow organically if they have to. 10.2 is miles ahead of 10.0.xx by all accounts. Get it working before releasing it, or TH will be again asking for someone to look into reports of higher returns than normal... Same story for BBM. One glitch and the very, very brief honeymoon they will enjoy to begin with will be cut shorter.

I would even think it may make sense for BBRY to wait until it signs up some major companies for Channels before releasing BBM. BBRY as a brand needs to attract businesses and Sillicon Valley companies and not people who want to chat with relatives in Indonesia (not that there is anything wrong with this market).
    09-03-13 07:27 PM