Hey guys can someone please assist?

I recently purchased the blackberry z10 as my bold 9900 was stolen. I had done a back up not too long before the phone was stolen using BlackBerry desktop software on my mac. Once I had purchased my z10 I assumed the transfer of my info will be simple as in the past when I upgraded my BlackBerry device. To my surprise I was wrong as when I connected my z10 to my Mac it required me to download blackberry link which I did.

After installing BlackBerry Link, the back up file from the desktop software (.bbb) file could not be opened in link. I also entered my BlackBerry I'd into my BBM thinking my BBM contacts would import which they did not.

After doing some research on the net I came across a thread that suggested getting a Os7 device. Do the restore using my back up to the os7 device then Do a back up using BlackBerry Link to transfer my info to the z10 which worked except for my BBM contacts and chat history, groups etc.

During the time I was figuring this out I had added a few contacts to my BBM messenger but have no idea how to retrieve my BBM contacts.

Can someone please assist????
    04-22-13 04:28 PM
    I think in this scenario you will need an older BlackBerry.
    04-22-13 04:29 PM
    I'm not sure of a solution, but if you wait just a bit longer for OS 10.1 it has a feature in BlackBerry Protect that let's you transfer your old data to your Z. It only let's you make the transfer one time.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:43 PM