It looks like BlackBerry has undergone some changes. They have separated BBM out as a separate company. Matthew Talbot takes the reins as CEO and it sounds like it is headquartered out of Singapore.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-17-16 02:38 PM
    It looks like BlackBerry has undergone some changes. They have separated BBM out as a separate company. Matthew Talbot takes the reins as CEO and it sounds like it is headquartered out of Singapore.

Source????
    09-17-16 02:39 PM
    It's a result of the joint venture they recently announced.

Attached Thumbnails BBM The company-11389.jpg  
    09-17-16 02:46 PM
    The venture wasn't an joint venture in any real sense, it was a licensing agreement and there was no transfer of IP nor the formation of a new company. A material change like that would have to have been declared and I cannot find anything in earnings report or their investors centre?

Anyone?
    09-17-16 02:55 PM
    Good catch. I guess I didn't mean joint venture in the legal sense. More of a strategic alliance. Either way I believe it is Creative Media Works operating under the banner of BBM and Talbot has taken over as CEO. You'll notice if you search it on linkedin that most of the BlackBerry employees who were in the bbm division have moved over effective July/August.

cgk likes this.
    09-17-16 03:02 PM
    This seems to explain it:

On 27 June 2016, Creative Media Works, a division of PT Elang Mahkota Teknologi Tbk. (Emtek, IDX:EMTK) - one of Indonesia’s largest media, content and technology business - announced a strategic alliance with BlackBerry to accelerate BBM’s research and development in offering new and exciting features, services and content to the global consumer market. As part of this strategy, BBM is making its APIs available to expedite the growth of partners and services such as:

- Content – music and video streaming, games, sports, news, celebrity blogs, horoscopes and more
    - Commerce – shopping, gifting and coupons/vouchers
    - Online to Offline Commerce – booking movies, travel, health services, real-estate or job postings
    - Finance – P2P payments, money transfer, mobile phone re-charge, and utilities billing

Creative Media Works now operates under the BBM banner as a stand-alone consumer focused business with offices in Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, Singapore, Jakarta, UAE and South Africa. For more information, visit BBM.com.

Trademarks, including but not limited to BBM and BBM Design are the trademarks or registered trademarks of BlackBerry Limited, used under license, and the exclusive rights to such trademarks are expressly reserved.
    09-17-16 03:09 PM
    That's interesting. I assumed Blackberry Messenger would stay within the umbrella of the BlackBerry "Suite" that is making its way to most platforms. Any idea why this was done?

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    09-17-16 03:09 PM
    That's interesting. I assumed Blackberry Messenger would stay within the umbrella of the BlackBerry "Suite" that is making its way to most platforms. Any idea why this was done?

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    As far as I can tell it still is - this simply outsources the development to someone else.
    09-17-16 03:17 PM
    As far as I can tell it still is - this simply outsources the development to someone else.
    And focuses development on the needs of the majority of the remaining BBM customers: folks in Indonesia, South Africa, Liberia, and a few other emerging markets.
    cgk likes this.
    09-17-16 04:38 PM
    And focuses development on the needs of the majority of the remaining BBM customers: folks in Indonesia, South Africa, Liberia, and a few other emerging markets.
    How is it even doing? I notice they were very quiet on growth a while back.
    09-17-16 04:49 PM
    How is it even doing? I notice they were very quiet on growth a while back.
    And there you have your answer.
    09-17-16 09:25 PM