Okay so a strange thing has happened to my BBM Channel over the past week.

First, I started a channel on Friday evening (02/28) - almost immediately it picked up a bunch of subscribers, by Sunday morning it was over 70 (I know not a TON but I was very happy), I hadn't shared it with my few BBM contacts, so people were just joining, I assume by seaching and finding "me".

By Sunday evening, I am over 80 and had received a lot of positive feedback about the channel.

Since then though my subscribers have not only stopped adding, but I am down to only 19 subscribers now.

I understand people may decide against it or whatnot, but my page isn't something that a casual person would just join and then decide against. I wont go into great detail, but its more of an "adult" page - no nudity or anything like that but that type of theme.

I am wondering if anyone else had similar experiences, or at the least what people think as to why this is happening. I think its pretty far fetched to think 3 of 4 people have decided they don't like my page anymore, but at the same time I don't really have a different explanation.

03-05-14 10:38 AM
    I wish my subscriber count would jump to 80!

I've slowly grown... up to 16
    03-05-14 10:54 AM
    What other possible reason could it be? I had a 180 subs before I posted any content in my group. After my first post I dropped to under a 100. My groups aren't Я rated though, so I couldn't say. I wouldn't say that is far fetched at all. Short of exit polls, I don't see how you can measure something like that.
    03-05-14 10:57 AM
    I get it, just seems odd. And for such a dramatic drop for your own page, I would be questioning the same thing.

Somewhat related, is anyone aware of the part of the BBM "stats" that says subscribers joined by being a "Featured Channel" - I had some that subscribed because of that, but I don't know how I became featured, or how I can go back to being featured.
    03-05-14 11:29 AM
    I had a dead channel (I created it just after the search feature came out) and the name of my group is a popular subreddit. So it wasn't surprising at all to have that many subs. I have just over 250? - 280? subs I think now. I don't pay attention to my actual numbers really. You will slowly go insane. If your channel is interesting (or fills a niche) then you should do well. People just have to know your channel exists, and that isn't hard using other social media circles to pump out your chan name or number. Here is a link about the featured status and what it means in BBM Channels. The Truth About Advertising and BBM | Inside BlackBerry
    03-05-14 11:39 AM
    What's your Channel Pin?

Zed30
    03-05-14 12:13 PM
    What's your Channel Pin?

Zed30
    C0019F84B
    03-05-14 12:46 PM