Bbm 7 update!!
New refresh available! No email yet but its there without a change log yet also!
EDIT:Got the change log! A LONGGGG ONE!
EDIT#2: OS5 users stick to 188.8.131.52 this update is not compatible with OS5!
- Please see the list of fixed issues for BlackBerry Messenger 184.108.40.206 below:
- BBM will not launch
- Users gets message "You can't make a call because you are in a Voice Chat" even when they aren't in a voice chat
- No missed call message received when user receives a Voice chat while in a regular phone call
- User appears deregistered after toggling Wi-Fi
- No disconnection dialog when device is disconnected during calling or connecting state
- RTP error when making a cell MVS call during a Voice chat and Voice chat didn't get dropped
- While on BBM Voice call, MVS WiFi call comes in that shuts off audio in both calls
- Cannot Register even after a reboot
- All BBM contacts appeared unavailable when they are actually available
- While recording a voice note, if an BBM Voice chat is initiated no audio is heard between devices
- Wrong message appears when declining a Voice chat using "Reply in BBM" or using HW button
- Groups Activity updates appear in Message List when specifically set not to appear
- Wrong status message displayed after BBM Voice Invitation Timeout
- Text entry field in Group chat expands to cover up the last message in chat history instead of the chat history scrolling up
- Name for BBM Voice Chat Tone should follow Ring Tone naming conventions
- Active BBM Voice calls are randomly disconnecting
- Voice call dropped before answering, Null Pointer Exception seen on receiving device
- User is connected to WiFi but status icon is shown as deregistered. Others still see the user as available and can initiate calls, but the user does not receive them.
- Contact list search feature randomly stops returning results
- Device in a loop sending/receiving data, sustaining ~10-20% CPU usage
- "is in a voice chat" status message is misaligned in Broadcast message screen picklist
- "is in a voice chat" status message is misaligned when adding BBM Contacts to a Group
- When headset is plugged into device, Voice chat toolbars should display headset icon
- With a wired headset plugged into device, the option to toggle between headset and handset is available if user hits "Handset" button but button does not toggle between Handset and Headset - always says Handset
- If user chatting over wired headset unplugs headset and chats on Handheld, "Handset" button does not change to "Speaker" as it should
- Stuck on welcome screen
- No beep sound/audio notification when receiving a normal phone call while in a BBM Voice Chat
- No new BBM alert appears on home screen when receiving a voice chat while on a phone call
- When receiving a BBM Voice Call, volume hard keys does not mute the ring tone
- Several NullPointerExceptions
- Phone vibrates when against your head in a BBM Voice chat
- "D'Oh!" and "Shh!" emoticon input codes need to be changed to not use the input codes from other smileys
- Default ring tone for BBM Voice - 'Vibrant' - disappears as a visible option after switching to a different ring tone
- Group Activity notification appears in notification bar when specifically set not to appear
- User who ends voice chat due to Incoming Phone call should see standard "Voice chat ended." message
- Incorrect call history message for user who accepted incoming phone call which terminated a voice chat which was in the Calling state
- Group notification for picture stays even when the picture is opened from UIB/Message list
- No audio/LED notification for missed BBM voice chat after timeout
- Voice Connection Cannot be established in Turkish only
- No option to Mute/Unmute Voice Chat from BB Menu
- With BES IT policy "Disable Server Based Contact List Synchronization" enabled, user doesn't see soft landing page telling them to downgrade back to 6.2
- Uncaught Exception when headphones pulled out during Voice Call on Bluetooth activated device
- Unable to terminate BBM Voice call from caller if the call is setup across clusters
- When using Arabic, contact name is not centered in the call screen
- Unable to make/receive MVS calls
- Make BBM Voice Chat the default Menu option on the call screen
- BBM Search doesn't work
- When device is set to Arabic, the user's own avatar is not visible on the contact list screen
- Audio Source Icons flash briefly on Outgoing Call Screen toolbar
- Missed call message is displayed on the device however the call is accepted and is in progress
- Cannot launch BBM and the home screen becomes frozen after previously enabling then disabling “Parental Controls” on the device
Last edited by SirJes; 11-29-2012 at 09:53 AM.
- 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM #3Thanks For Reading My Post
- 11-29-2012, 01:50 PM #4
This is ridiculous. I still don't have the ability to turn-off BBM Voice WITHOUT turning off Wifi. If I want to appear unavailable for voice-calls on BBM7, I have to turn-off WiFi! BBM has never had an invisible/appear-offline mode but come on, provide that for voice-calls at least.
Sure, I can mute the ringer for BBM7 but that's not a great workaround. I want to use WiFi data when I am home and I want to be able to appear-unavailable for voice-chat. This can't be hard to implement.
- 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM #6
I also think about privacy concerns.
I don't always want people to know if I am at a hard location or a soft mobile location.
I have a GPS on my 9900 and many apps that I can send that information out whenever I choose to.
It's not a problem when talking to my friends overseas. There is obviously no chance of contact.
But, for local friends.... Hey, you never know.
I remember reading about a rash of break-ins here in NY from people setting statuses and announcing they were going out on FaceBook.
Each perpetrator was an acquaintance known by the victim, and knew when they would not be at their residences.
Being too paranoid?MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM #7
Can't RIM listen to end-users and give us appear-offline/appear-invisible feature?
- 11-29-2012, 05:14 PM #9
Re: Bbm 7 update!!
- 11-29-2012, 05:43 PM #10
I want to be able to turn the calling function off without turning off my WiFi connection. Period.
However, prior versions of BBM actually have a "Busy" status so you cannot be bothered when you don't want to be.
Mobile messaging is a creation for communication between 2 parties who wish to engage with each other.
It is not meant as a way to be able to "be in touch with you at any time".
That's the purpose of having blocking and filtering features.
Anyway, this is a known issue and will be addressed in future iterations.
EDIT: Your English is just fine!MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-29-2012, 05:55 PM #11
But you know what would be really bada$$? A tie-up with sound profiles. Specifically, an option to set vBBM sound alerts.Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM #12
As it stands now, setting your status to "Busy" does not prevent someone from seeing your green phone icon when connected to WiFi, or from them calling you.
You can set up BBM Voice incoming ringtones but it seems to have been moved in .108.
It was done in the "Profiles" options under "Phone Ringtones". But not for specific callers.
EDIT: The option has been moved to "Instant Messages->Notifiers" so it can still be done.MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-29-2012, 06:07 PM #13
Re: Bbm 7 update!!
EDIT: Thank you!
- 11-29-2012, 06:19 PM #14
I would disagree that having a way to shut down callers while on WiFi would be a disadvantage.
Any added functionality to any application is a plus NOT a minus.
Especially regarding privacy controls.
I would also care to say that even without any additional functionality, BBM > all the rest... IMO.
You have to understand that what you are stating has no consequence.
It is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming BetaZone releases according to them.
So, apparently they feel the same as I do, but haven't got to it yet.MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM #16
There can't be an actual "Offline" status as BBM is always running in the back round of a device whether the user is available or not.
Unless it's something similar to the Yahoo Messenger application (Invisible Mode).
To be truly "Offline" the battery or the application must be removed.
And, who is going to do that??? Ha Ha.
I love BBM!
Take care my friend!MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- 11-30-2012, 08:55 AM #17
I meant to say appear-offline/invisible for voice-calls. I want to be able to use WiFi without being available for voice-calls. This to me sounds like a no-brainer. As for a true invisible mode (offline for chats also): I don't oppose it. I think it'd be valuable to some but I am personally not dying for that feature. What I truly need is: being able to appear-offline on voice-chat even when I am on WiFi.
Yes, I have made this suggestion on BBM7 beta zone too. It's actually one of the top rated (top voted) feature requests on Beta Zone feature request page - and RIM hasn't developed it yet nor have they confirmed that they'd develop it.
Last edited by chrysaurora; 11-30-2012 at 09:36 AM.
One work around for now will be to probably go into "application management" and edit the permissions of the bbm app..and in connections you will see wifi..turn it off, the bad is that you wont be able to use bbm with wifi data speeds only carrier, i think they will develop that feature tho
- 11-30-2012, 10:24 AM #20
MY TAKE ON THE BOLD 9900... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
- By tiffaneezee in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
- By Kmak159 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
- By Kmak159 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-19-2009, 01:02 AM
- By WackBerry in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
- By WackBerry in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM