New refresh available! No email yet but its there without a change log yet also!
    EDIT:Got the change log! A LONGGGG ONE!
    EDIT#2: OS5 users stick to 7.0.0.100 this update is not compatible with OS5!
    • Please see the list of fixed issues for BlackBerry Messenger 7.0.0.108 below:
    • BBM will not launch
    • Users gets message "You can't make a call because you are in a Voice Chat" even when they aren't in a voice chat
    • No missed call message received when user receives a Voice chat while in a regular phone call
    • User appears deregistered after toggling Wi-Fi
    • No disconnection dialog when device is disconnected during calling or connecting state
    • RTP error when making a cell MVS call during a Voice chat and Voice chat didn't get dropped
    • While on BBM Voice call, MVS WiFi call comes in that shuts off audio in both calls
    • Cannot Register even after a reboot
    • All BBM contacts appeared unavailable when they are actually available
    • While recording a voice note, if an BBM Voice chat is initiated no audio is heard between devices
    • Wrong message appears when declining a Voice chat using "Reply in BBM" or using HW button
    • Groups Activity updates appear in Message List when specifically set not to appear
    • Wrong status message displayed after BBM Voice Invitation Timeout
    • Text entry field in Group chat expands to cover up the last message in chat history instead of the chat history scrolling up
    • Name for BBM Voice Chat Tone should follow Ring Tone naming conventions
    • Active BBM Voice calls are randomly disconnecting
    • Voice call dropped before answering, Null Pointer Exception seen on receiving device
    • User is connected to WiFi but status icon is shown as deregistered. Others still see the user as available and can initiate calls, but the user does not receive them.
    • Contact list search feature randomly stops returning results
    • Device in a loop sending/receiving data, sustaining ~10-20% CPU usage
    • "is in a voice chat" status message is misaligned in Broadcast message screen picklist
    • "is in a voice chat" status message is misaligned when adding BBM Contacts to a Group
    • When headset is plugged into device, Voice chat toolbars should display headset icon
    • With a wired headset plugged into device, the option to toggle between headset and handset is available if user hits "Handset" button but button does not toggle between Handset and Headset - always says Handset
    • If user chatting over wired headset unplugs headset and chats on Handheld, "Handset" button does not change to "Speaker" as it should
    • Stuck on welcome screen
    • No beep sound/audio notification when receiving a normal phone call while in a BBM Voice Chat
    • No new BBM alert appears on home screen when receiving a voice chat while on a phone call
    • When receiving a BBM Voice Call, volume hard keys does not mute the ring tone
    • Several NullPointerExceptions
    • Phone vibrates when against your head in a BBM Voice chat
    • "D'Oh!" and "Shh!" emoticon input codes need to be changed to not use the input codes from other smileys
    • Default ring tone for BBM Voice - 'Vibrant' - disappears as a visible option after switching to a different ring tone
    • Group Activity notification appears in notification bar when specifically set not to appear
    • User who ends voice chat due to Incoming Phone call should see standard "Voice chat ended." message
    • Incorrect call history message for user who accepted incoming phone call which terminated a voice chat which was in the Calling state
    • Group notification for picture stays even when the picture is opened from UIB/Message list
    • No audio/LED notification for missed BBM voice chat after timeout
    • Voice Connection Cannot be established in Turkish only
    • No option to Mute/Unmute Voice Chat from BB Menu
    • With BES IT policy "Disable Server Based Contact List Synchronization" enabled, user doesn't see soft landing page telling them to downgrade back to 6.2
    • Uncaught Exception when headphones pulled out during Voice Call on Bluetooth activated device
    • Unable to terminate BBM Voice call from caller if the call is setup across clusters
    • When using Arabic, contact name is not centered in the call screen
    • Unable to make/receive MVS calls
    • Make BBM Voice Chat the default Menu option on the call screen
    • BBM Search doesn't work
    • When device is set to Arabic, the user's own avatar is not visible on the contact list screen
    • Audio Source Icons flash briefly on Outgoing Call Screen toolbar
    • Missed call message is displayed on the device however the call is accepted and is in progress
    • Cannot launch BBM and the home screen becomes frozen after previously enabling then disabling “Parental Controls” on the device
    Attached Thumbnails Bbm 7 update!!-bbm-update-1.jpg  
    Last edited by SirJes; 11-29-12 at 09:53 AM.
    11-29-12 09:40 AM
    Does anyone know when BBM7 will be avaliable in app world? it sucks that I can use BBM Voice with only 1 contact
    11-29-12 10:12 AM
    Does anyone know when BBM7 will be avaliable in app world? it sucks that I can use BBM Voice with only 1 contact
    Looks like beta will end in probably 2-3 weeks.
    Other than that, we all have to bear with only a few people who have bbm7

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    11-29-12 11:47 AM
    This is ridiculous. I still don't have the ability to turn-off BBM Voice WITHOUT turning off Wifi. If I want to appear unavailable for voice-calls on BBM7, I have to turn-off WiFi! BBM has never had an invisible/appear-offline mode but come on, provide that for voice-calls at least.

Sure, I can mute the ringer for BBM7 but that's not a great workaround. I want to use WiFi data when I am home and I want to be able to appear-unavailable for voice-chat. This can't be hard to implement.
    jvercetti and 8230 like this.
    11-29-12 01:50 PM
    Can't you just create a "Don't call me" status and hang up on people that call you?

@ichat thank you
    11-29-12 03:16 PM
    This is ridiculous. I still don't have the ability to turn-off BBM Voice WITHOUT turning off Wifi. If I want to appear unavailable for voice-calls on BBM7, I have to turn-off WiFi! BBM has never had an invisible/appear-offline mode but come on, provide that for voice-calls at least.

Sure, I can mute the ringer for BBM7 but that's not a great workaround. I want to use WiFi data when I am home and I want to be able to appear-unavailable for voice-chat. This can't be hard to implement.
    I agree with this...
    I also think about privacy concerns.
    I don't always want people to know if I am at a hard location or a soft mobile location.
    I have a GPS on my 9900 and many apps that I can send that information out whenever I choose to.
    It's not a problem when talking to my friends overseas. There is obviously no chance of contact.
    But, for local friends.... Hey, you never know.

I remember reading about a rash of break-ins here in NY from people setting statuses and announcing they were going out on FaceBook.
    Each perpetrator was an acquaintance known by the victim, and knew when they would not be at their residences.

Being too paranoid?
    11-29-12 03:23 PM
    Can't you just create a "Don't call me" status and hang up on people that call you?
    @ichat thank you
    That's just a work-around and not even a good one.
    Can't RIM listen to end-users and give us appear-offline/appear-invisible feature?

I agree with this...
    I don't always want people to know if I am at a hard location or a soft mobile location.
    I have a GPS on my 9900 and many apps that I can send that information out whenever I choose to.
    It's not a problem when talking to my friends overseas. There is obviously no chance of contact.

I remember reading about a rash of break-ins here in NY from people setting statuses and announcing they were going out on FaceBook.
    Each perpetrator was an acquaintance known by the victim, and knew when they would not be at their residences.

Being too paranoid?
    Yep. I have to use carrier data (instead of cheaper wifi data) if I want to turn-off BBM Voice! This is crazy. It's a real shame that we can't choose when we want to be available on voice-chat!
    11-29-12 03:55 PM
    That's just a work-around and not even a good one.
    Can't RIM listen to end-users and give us appear-offline/appear-invisible feature?

Yep. I have to use carrier data (instead of cheaper wifi data) if I want to turn-off BBM Voice! This is crazy. It's a real shame that we can't choose when we want to be available on voice-chat!
    BBM7 is in beta testing & all concern & idea should be posted there, just saying...
    OniBerry likes this.
    11-29-12 04:03 PM
    I agree with this...

Being too paranoid?
    Ok, I see your point now, it should be possible to not show that you're on wifi and not receive any call however I don't think we need an "invisible" status, the whole point of BBM(or mobile messaging) it's that people can be in touch with you at any time(sorry for bad english btw)
    11-29-12 05:14 PM
    Ok, I see your point now, it should be possible to not show that you're on wifi and not receive any call however I don't think we need an "invisible" status, the whole point of BBM(or mobile messaging) it's that people can be in touch with you at any time(sorry for bad english btw)
    I never said we needed an invisible status. That must have been someone else you are referring to.
    I want to be able to turn the calling function off without turning off my WiFi connection. Period.
    However, prior versions of BBM actually have a "Busy" status so you cannot be bothered when you don't want to be.
    Mobile messaging is a creation for communication between 2 parties who wish to engage with each other.
    It is not meant as a way to be able to "be in touch with you at any time".
    That's the purpose of having blocking and filtering features.

Anyway, this is a known issue and will be addressed in future iterations.

EDIT: Your English is just fine!
    11-29-12 05:43 PM
    I want to be able to turn the calling function off without turning off my WiFi connection. Period.
    However, prior versions of BBM actually have a "Busy" status so you cannot be bothered when you don't want to be.
    Maybe one way to do it would be to create a BBM status ('Busy, can't talk', for example) where once you select it, you can't take incoming voice calls unless the status changes. Of course, you'd be able to place outgoing calls.
    But you know what would be really bada$$? A tie-up with sound profiles. Specifically, an option to set vBBM sound alerts.
    11-29-12 05:55 PM
    Maybe one way to do it would be to create a BBM status ('Busy, can't talk', for example) where once you select it, you can't take incoming voice calls unless the status changes. Of course, you'd be able to place outgoing calls.
    But you know what would be really bada$$? A tie-up with sound profiles. Specifically, an option to set vBBM sound alerts.
    Exactly. That was one of the same exact proposals I've seen presented in the BetaZone.
    As it stands now, setting your status to "Busy" does not prevent someone from seeing your green phone icon when connected to WiFi, or from them calling you.

You can set up BBM Voice incoming ringtones but it seems to have been moved in .108.
    It was done in the "Profiles" options under "Phone Ringtones". But not for specific callers.

EDIT: The option has been moved to "Instant Messages->Notifiers" so it can still be done.
    11-29-12 06:02 PM
    I never said we needed an invisible status. That must have been someone else you are referring to.
    Mobile messaging is a creation for communication between 2 parties who wish to engage with each other.
    It is not meant as a way to be able to "be in touch with you at any time".
    That's the purpose of having blocking and filtering features.

Anyway, this is a known issue and will be addressed in future iterations.

EDIT: Your English is just fine!
    chrysaurora did! I mixed up both answer hahaha, yes filtering and blocking works to avoid spam and unwanted people from messaging you but if anyone(that you know and that you have previously accepted in bbm) needs to talk to you at any time he'll be able to do it over bbm, if an "offline" status existed then bbm wouldn't have any advantage over msn or facebook chat

EDIT: Thank you!
    11-29-12 06:07 PM
    chrysaurora did! I mixed up both answer hahaha, yes filtering and blocking works to avoid spam and unwanted people from messaging you but if anyone(that you know and that you have previously accepted in bbm) needs to talk to you at any time he'll be able to do it over bbm, if an "offline" status existed then bbm wouldn't have any advantage over msn or facebook chat

EDIT: Thank you!
    You're Welcome.
    I would disagree that having a way to shut down callers while on WiFi would be a disadvantage.
    Any added functionality to any application is a plus NOT a minus.
    Especially regarding privacy controls.

I would also care to say that even without any additional functionality, BBM > all the rest... IMO.

You have to understand that what you are stating has no consequence.
    It is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming BetaZone releases according to them.
    So, apparently they feel the same as I do, but haven't got to it yet.
    11-29-12 06:19 PM
    You're Welcome.
    I would disagree that having a way to shut down callers while on WiFi would be a disadvantage.
    Any added functionality to any application is a plus NOT a minus.
    Especially regarding privacy controls.

I would also care to say that even without any additional functionality, BBM > all the rest... IMO.

You have to understand that what you are stating has no consequence.
    It is a known issue that will be fixed in the upcoming BetaZone releases according to them.
    So, apparently they feel the same as I do, but haven't got to it yet.
    I agree with you! there should be an option that allows you to deactivate wifi calls, I was just saying that there's no need for an "offline" status
    jvercetti likes this.
    11-29-12 06:34 PM
    I agree with you! there should be an option that allows you to deactivate wifi calls, I was just saying that there's no need for an "offline" status
    I have to say that I kinda agree with you as well.
    There can't be an actual "Offline" status as BBM is always running in the back round of a device whether the user is available or not.
    Unless it's something similar to the Yahoo Messenger application (Invisible Mode).
    To be truly "Offline" the battery or the application must be removed.
    And, who is going to do that??? Ha Ha.

I love BBM!

Take care my friend!
    11-29-12 06:53 PM
    I meant to say appear-offline/invisible for voice-calls. I want to be able to use WiFi without being available for voice-calls. This to me sounds like a no-brainer. As for a true invisible mode (offline for chats also): I don't oppose it. I think it'd be valuable to some but I am personally not dying for that feature. What I truly need is: being able to appear-offline on voice-chat even when I am on WiFi.

Yes, I have made this suggestion on BBM7 beta zone too. It's actually one of the top rated (top voted) feature requests on Beta Zone feature request page - and RIM hasn't developed it yet nor have they confirmed that they'd develop it.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 11-30-12 at 09:36 AM.
    11-30-12 08:55 AM
    ohh ok, I misunderstood, I hope they develop it
    11-30-12 09:16 AM
    One work around for now will be to probably go into "application management" and edit the permissions of the bbm app..and in connections you will see wifi..turn it off, the bad is that you wont be able to use bbm with wifi data speeds only carrier, i think they will develop that feature tho
    11-30-12 10:02 AM
    One work around for now will be to probably go into "application management" and edit the permissions of the bbm app..and in connections you will see wifi..turn it off, the bad is that you wont be able to use bbm with wifi data speeds only carrier, i think they will develop that feature tho
    If you read the thread, this was the the issue in the first place... We don't want to have to turn off WiFi and use carrier data, or to have our status shown when on WiFi. See the quote below...
    What I truly need is: being able to appear-offline on voice-chat even when I am on WiFi.
    Yes, I have made this suggestion on BBM7 beta zone too. It's actually one of the top rated (top voted) feature requests on Beta Zone feature request page - and RIM hasn't developed it yet nor have they confirmed that they'd develop it.
    Hey chrysaurora. Your statement is totally technically correct, but just wanted to let you know how I was advised it would be fixed. As you probably already know, when you submit an issue, Jessica or Lauren will sometimes respond directly to you via email to get more details. During one of those exchanges (about a totally unrelated issue) I also mentioned how this was getting on my nerves. That's when I was told that they are looking into it. So, you're correct, nothing official yet, but confident they are looking into it.
    chrysaurora likes this.
    11-30-12 10:24 AM
    Bbm 7 update!!-screen_20121201_030043.jpg

I get this message, why? My BB is running OS7.1 and I am connected to WiFi.
    11-30-12 07:57 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen_20121201_030043.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	126917

I get this message, why? My BB is running OS7.1 and I am connected to WiFi.
    It's pretty self explanatory.
    12-01-12 01:58 AM
    Same goes to me today, download bbm7 version 7.0.0.108 got the keycode and paste but same screen as shown . look like i press the I accept button nothing happen.Dont know why??
    12-01-12 03:12 AM
    Oh sorry missed that part, and well we just gonna have to wait i guess..and hope lol
    12-01-12 04:11 PM
    Any word on an official OTA release for OS5??
    12-02-12 03:14 AM
32 12