Why aren't we hearing more from them in the press, etc? Even if they do not have much to say, come up with something...
    When they are quiet everyone starts to rank on them. At least when they talk there is a more positive vibe on blogs, from shareholders, etc. Aren't they about to have a big launch of a low cost device? Doesn't matter if it's only in Indonesia, we should be hearing all about it at this point. It's supposed to launch in days. I really don't get it...

Is anyone from Crackberry in touch with BB management lately? It seemed like Kevin was really the guy who was in touch previously. I imagine he has a lot more on his plate now, so maybe there isn't much interaction going on?
    04-24-14 07:56 PM
    I find the opposite actually!
    They aren't announcing anything but john Chen is doing the rounds of the business media selling his transformation plan.

I'm sure we'll hear more product-wise in the coming weeks with th Z3 launch. I'd also expect 10.2.2 to be released around the same time. 10.3 sdk gets into the hands of developers in May, with its release in early fall along with another device to go along with it.
    Momentum will build more in the 2nd half of the year as Chen's new plan take shape.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-24-14 08:04 PM
    They are doing what any company should do; stay quiet until you have something good to communicate, otherwise you're just hurting yourself in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    tjseaman, acovey and JeepBB like this.
    04-24-14 08:04 PM
    They are doing what any company should do; stay quiet until you have something good to communicate, otherwise you're just hurting yourself in the long run.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, otherwise all we read are more comments about..."oh yeah, coming soon" or the famous "too little too late".

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    sheailewis1 likes this.
    04-24-14 08:10 PM
    After the recent misquotes from Journalists trying to trip up JC instead of reporting all the positive stuff Blackberry talked about, maybe it's a good thing to stay quiet until you have something big to announce.
    04-24-14 08:14 PM
    No new phones means no flashy news. We'll there's the Z3. But it's not a flagship. Still it'll be nice to see it released.
    04-24-14 08:28 PM
    Sorry, I have to disagree. They have a launch coming up within a week or so. The lowest cost BBerry to ever hit the market. The phone that is 'supposed to' gain back some share of the consumer market; and yet we really haven't heard a thing about it. If anyone from Indonesia is reading this thread I would love to hear that they are at least going all out for the launch over there. Any feedback? They should have been hyping this thing for a few months now over there.
    04-24-14 08:30 PM
    Why aren't we hearing more from them in the press, etc? Even if they do not have much to say, come up with something...
    When they are quiet everyone starts to rank on them. At least when they talk there is a more positive vibe on blogs, from shareholders, etc. Aren't they about to have a big launch of a low cost device? Doesn't matter if it's only in Indonesia, we should be hearing all about it at this point. It's supposed to launch in days. I really don't get it...

Is anyone from Crackberry in touch with BB management lately? It seemed like Kevin was really the guy who was in touch previously. I imagine he has a lot more on his plate now, so maybe there isn't much interaction going on?
    Every time bbry says something it ends badly
    The wake up campaign that actually gave samsung free publicity

Saunders publically cursing at a customer in an email and it got leaked

This is back from the founders days they weren't allowed to talk to the press

Also Chen has publically stated anyone leaking confidential information will incur the wrath of bbry's lawyers

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-24-14 09:11 PM
    That's what I want for BlackBerry. Being quite and busy is better than talking too much while doing slow progress and less work.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 09:31 PM
    Not really.

They again rehashed their "BBM is coming to Windows Phone Soon" story.
    They've been saying that for 2 months now. Probably won't be out for another 2-3 months.
    04-24-14 09:39 PM
    I like phi nguyen respond

? Slicing using my ?
    04-24-14 09:40 PM
    Sorry, I have to disagree. They have a launch coming up within a week or so. The lowest cost BBerry to ever hit the market. The phone that is 'supposed to' gain back some share of the consumer market; and yet we really haven't heard a thing about it. If anyone from Indonesia is reading this thread I would love to hear that they are at least going all out for the launch over there. Any feedback? They should have been hyping this thing for a few months now over there.
    i'm from indonesia...no there are no promotion from BB it still very quite...
    04-24-14 09:41 PM
    Seems smarter if they hyped it while it was on the market. Don't advertise something that consumers can't purchase at the moment.
    04-24-14 10:02 PM
    You never know, the could planning something big and it's all hush-hush. And they will launch with a bang. Like what the z10 launch was supposed to

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 10:10 PM
    I think what you're saying is that John Chen is not competing, at all, right now... but, if everything goes according to plan, he'll get active in time to be squashed by the release of Apple's iPhone 6 and a higher-end Samsung that'll knock your socks off. Then, he'll explain to his board that it's all about SaaS for business and the failure of these devices shows that BlackBerry should give up on devices. Meanwhile, BlackBerry fanboys will be screaming that Thor didn't spend enough on marketing, while ignoring the fact that Chen has retreated from any real effort to sell devices to consumers in first world countries already....
    04-24-14 10:14 PM
    Don't advertise something that consumers can't purchase at the moment.
    Samsung does and it works for them. The auto industry does and it works for them. The movie industry does it and it works for them.

Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 10:16 PM
    04-24-14 10:20 PM
    Samsung does and it works for them. The auto industry does and it works for them. The movie industry does it and it works for them.

Just saying...

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. You don't wait till the phone is available to make a big deal out of it. Then it will sit for weeks/months before people even know about it and already deemed a failure in the industry. Marketing is supposed to happen beforehand so people are excited and waiting for it. That's marketing 101.
    04-24-14 10:44 PM
    Remember when HP/Palm was trying to get their delayed tablet shipped? Month after month HP sent out their executives like Phil McKinney to talk about the future of mobile hardware. After a while, people said "Alright, alright, where's your tablet?"

Although the folks at webOSNation ate this up, it was obviously a stalling maneuver because we later found out that HP was running up against parts supply constraints and all sorts of other production delays.
    McKinney was out there talking about HP's flexible display technology but what they ended up delivering was an thick heavy tablet.

At some point they even started talking about putting webOS on all of their PCs. Contrast that with a vastly more successful company that doesn't say anything about their technology until the launch announcement and then ships it about a month later.

BBerry seems awfully quiet??-phil-mckinney_0.jpg

BBerry seems awfully quiet??-palmtb0300-1297281463.jpg
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-24-14 10:44 PM
    Chen said the Z3 would launch "in April". If they plan on meeting that deadline, and demonstrating that BB really has changed, they're leaving the marketing very late!

JBB
    04-25-14 02:28 AM
    UK -
    Attachment 267327

In the final pages of the latest edition of Carphone Warehouse Magazine, after all the other adverts and phone reviews, so I don't think it will be that effective but it's there

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-02-14 10:21 AM