I dropped my Curve and now I can't hear phone calls. The voice dialing icon pops up anytime I touch my phone....so I can't do anything to my phone. I have done a battery pull, thinking that it would correct the problem itself, but now I can't do anything.

The voice dialing screen continues to pop up, so I can't really do anything to my phone without having to cancel the voice dial. Any ideas as to what I can do?
    02-11-09 01:23 AM
    I'm thinking replace the phone. If you have insurance it won't be
    as painful. If you don't it won't be pleasant.

But it sounds like the drop damaged the internal circuitry.

How far a drop and onto what surface was it dropped?
    02-11-09 01:25 AM
    I agree. If you have insurance then use it, that's what it's for. If you don't and you bought the phone less than a year ago, maybe take it back to your carrier. Tell them what its doing without offering to them that you dropped it, unless they directly ask you. Every time I have taken a phone back to Verizon for a legitimate software type problem, they fix it or replace it within and hour, and never ask me anything. If the phone is visibily damaged though I say insurance or you'll be buying another phone.
    02-11-09 02:21 AM
    Thanks for the help. I didn't think that walking and dropping the phone on a tile floor would do all that much damage, but I guess I was wrong. Luckily I have always paid a little extra for insurance on my phones.

Thanks again for the help!!
    02-11-09 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD